Page 1 of 2
Got em' 1 hour ago.

So far:

1) Good packaging!
2) Fits and finish- 7 out of 10. (above expectation)
3) Just tune and play out of the box.
3) As expected, tuners/knobs/pups will need upgraded.
4) They are more beautiful than the pictures!
5) The GG2 > GG4. The GG4 high E string is too close to the bottom of the neck and makes my style of leads more difficult. GG2: Flawless.
6) Would I recommend them (so far) HELL YES!

If you order yours, understand that you will want to upgrade atleast the tuners to Grover and EMG 81/60 pups.

Total invested:

Guitar: $160.00

Shipping: $15.00

Grover: $45.00

EMG 81/60: $187.00

Total: $407.00

That's a killer guitar for $407.00!!! Plays like a Gibson, has Gibson style neck.

Stay tuned, more to come!!

(real)PICTURES!!!!
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Oh shoot! the film is still on the pups and pick guard on the GG2. that's why it looks foggy.
Sweet, the red ones not as ugly as it is on the site , in the pictures.

Im thinking of getting the GG2 now...hmm...whats the neck like?
The necks resemble a Gibson neck. The GG4 is short and the high string seems to be close to the bottom of the neck, which doesn't suit my speedy style of leads. The GG2 is more comfortable and more balanced.

Now that the guitars are warmed up to room temperature, I'm getting some fret buzz. I may have to do some tweaking.

Flaws on the GG2

1) The string craddle at the headstock has a cosmetic flaw. (I'm picky)
2) pups are muddy.
3) Tuners seem weird to me.
Wow. Looks like you got a pertty nice deal!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I just jammed out on the GG4... and all I can say is OMFG! I take everything back about the string being close to the bottom edge of the string. Now that they are warmed up to room tempeture, they ROCK THE F OUT!

Woo-hoo!

Thank god for the invention of wireless, because I love jamming these guitars out in the mirror... I feel like the AmericanBadAss!

Rock ON!!!
Oh, and I tweaked my EQ and ToneLab and found a way to make the pups sound really good.

The still needs some EMG's or Duncans... but overall, not bad.

These guitars are a steal at the price being sold... I don't know how they can such guitars so cheap. Granted the hardware is cheap, but they are nice playing guitars.
Quote by tylerishot
Nice pants.

That finish is VERY glossy.
Nice! I was planning on getting the GG2 eventually, that just seals the deal.

Do they stay in tune well, or would you reccomend switching them?
That's awesome.

With the hardware, who cares if it's cheap? Wear it out then put new stuff in. Those both look like awesome deals for the price. Which do you like better?

Also, how's the fretwork and the inlays? Are they mother of pearl, or plastic inlays?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Dude, wtf are you thinking about with that pickguard on your LP? I mean no offence, but dude.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by Dr. No
Dude, wtf are you thinking about with that pickguard on your LP? I mean no offence, but dude.

I have to agree with that, lol. It would look much better on a black LP...

You know, that may be a good excuse for you to buy a nice AL-3000 from rondo..

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99

You know, that may be a good excuse for you to buy a nice AL-3000 from rondo..

Yeah, I'm sorry I said that, I bet I sound like a complete ass but I just had to say something.
Quote by paulefty
I would have mentioned it in my next post if you hadn't, so it really doesn't matter.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
The neck is thick.... like Gibson. My Epi Classic neck is a bit thinner. Not sure what gauge the D'Andrios strings that came on it, but they're heavy. The mother of pearl look nice. They change color in the light (didn't caption that on cam)

My fav... when I play the GG2 it's my fav.... however, when I set it down to play the GG4... then that guitar becomes my fav, until I set that one down and vice versa.

They're both kick azz!

Can't say how good they stay in tune yet. The SX tuners don't seem (grossly cheap and generic) but Grovers are much, much nicer!
Yeah, they both look like really nice guitars. I'm sure if you replace all the electronics and all the hardware on them, they'll probably be pretty kickass considering the price.

Quote by Xenn99

I have to agree. It's an awesome looking pick guard, but it looks a little out of place on that particular guitar. It would look great on a black LP, and phemominal on a white LP.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Dr. No

Cuz it's mine and original... It's what I have chosen.

Only one person needs to like it
Quote by Chazzy29
Cuz it's mine and original... It's what I have chosen.

Only one person needs to like it

Well, whatever floats your boat.
Quote by paulefty
Makes me want to get an Agile..

Those look incredible for only $407 total.
BOLD.
Quote by maddd0g
Makes me want to get an Agile..

Those look incredible for only $407 total.

They're SX's and $407 total with EMG's 81/60 and Grover installed in the GG2 (Shipping included)
Quote by Chazzy29
Here is my Epi Classic in Black & white.

David Blane meets Kenny Rodgers.

Seriously though, sounds like a sweet set of guitars.
Just more proof that Rondomusic takes the most unflattering pictures of their guitars.
I couldnt buy two guitars at once my head would explode trying to decide what to play
^^^ I still have the original pick guard / nobs / switch / back plates for the LP. Keep it for when I'm ready to sell it. I may just put it up for sale now that I hve so many damn guitars.
I just cannot stop playing these guitars... I finding they are holding tune very well and the pickups aren't so bad... through the Mesa-Boogie Recto, they have that 80's Randy Roads sound.
Tabber, for me the SX is better because it's solid Mohogony/set neck... and much cheaper than the Peavey Rotor.
well for me including shipping on the SX, the rotor is only £30 more. But, the rotor already has grovers installed so thats one less job for me.
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
Yep, get the Rotor. Grovers upgrade are an additional $40 USD.
The guitars look pretty nice and the price is right. But it seems a little bit strange to me that the pickups you are putting in cost more than the guitar you are putting them into. Maybe some GFS pickups will do the job and keep the price even lower?

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Page 1 of 2