which is best, and for what. i have never played either, but i have heard so many good things abouyt the rg, but i like the look of the iceman......
Slowhand 03/23/07
The UG Eric Clapton Fan Club

PM clapton-floyd to join
Screw you if you are going to buy a guitar for looks.

Funnily enough, I was about to decide between the two guitars, but I somewhat prefer the Iceman, but the cost is a major drawback.

Look for a thread by me about the iceman, it is a two page long thread, I am hoping for someone to revive it

I didn't buy any of the guitar yet, I will get my parents to buy me one of them once I showed them that I can play
Iceman looks cooler, RG is somewhat more versatile imo, Iceman is pretty much all metal.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Iceman - metal riffs, rg - more for shredding
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
The RG can do shredding AND metal riffs, AND blues, AND classic rock...

The Iceman is a bit less versatile, eg. has no trem, has 22 frets not 24, has HH pickup configuration not HSH
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
thats stupid that you say, this, and that guitar is made for this and that....

ITS THE PLAYER! NOT THE GUITAR!

Rg1570, for a japanese model, meaning better quality, supah' (yes supah) floyd rose, looks, thin neck, HSH config. pu system.

Now the iceman is made in korea except the one by this one guy who made the iceman famous and his guitar is worth for a steve vai guitar. It wouldnt be worth it....
the Iceman is pretty versatile, just a regular mahogany+humbucker+hardtail guitar with a rather cool body shape (I rather like them too...)

though yeah, the RG plays like a dream if you're into faster stuff and has got the floyd rose bridge on there which is even more fun.
Quote by sylent
thats stupid that you say, this, and that guitar is made for this and that....

ITS THE PLAYER! NOT THE GUITAR!

Rg1570, for a japanese model, meaning better quality, supah' (yes supah) floyd rose, looks, thin neck, HSH config. pu system.

Now the iceman is made in korea except the one by this one guy who made the iceman famous and his guitar is worth for a steve vai guitar. It wouldnt be worth it....

Isn't that what everyone says?
It is actually as grandmother's old speaking to scam their child to not buy those expensive pianos.
Well since you think that way, then why are you comparing the guitar?
Since if its the player, so why do you say that the RG is 'better quality' and 'looks'
Only superficial people say that and buying a guitar for looks is just plain retarded.

If that's the case, I would like to see you go famous in the world of metal by playing this classical guitar, go on, since its all on the player.

The instrument determines 99% of the tone, the player decides WHAT comes out of the guitar, and HOW he plays it.

Who the hell cares if its made in South Africa or Korea or Japan, they essentially use the wood specified and they are built to the specs that the Ibanez has stated, because they are not prepared to take the risk of being sued for fraud and deception.

Of course, I have seen people play cigar box guitars and people play those Gibson Les Paul, assuming that the cigar box guitar has a better skill than the one with the les paul, the latter will definitely SOUND better, not necessarily better is in musically.

Besides, you don't even know what style of music he plays, so I would say that you are being very speculative and being an ass just by saying that while contradicting yourself.

It is extremely stupid and it has made you look like an ass.
^ Thats funny you care about what people say on the internet, and showing me that your a total Loser. Maybe ive been making an ass of myself, but there is so many guitars too choose then those two, plus staying on the topic to his question to be answered. So basically your post is just plain SPAM.

And the part you say "who the hell cares" and i saying quality and other things good about mia and mik guitars......

I CARE for locked good strap-locks. I care about the looks the same time where the Guitar is built to stand in live gigs. I care for the tone to be more superb! I care that the guitar is not pink and gay like you!

I dont think its stupid, its like saying MG marshall and a Gibson Les paul will pwn all your guys sound. Thats what im assuming of you @ Post-hater

Go play your Cigar box guitar and you become famous. And beg mother for your Guitar (if she still alive)! Where people like me...., and others work for it!

That what everone saying that its the player not the guitar. Its like saying FENDER PWNZ CUZ' JIMI HENDRIX "GOD" USED IT! Where its jut personal preference really and what kind of music you play. To the point of this small paragraph; Everyone will reccommend you Fender or Gibson. Why would they reccomend them? Its because they are or were the best by their times and till today. But now theres more guitar brands out their owning Fender & Gibson.

I actually haven't been an ass, i have gave the threadstarter my opinion and answer to reality build guitars and his question about the two guitars. You sir, you have been an ASS and making my post complicated than what it suppose to be. You sir.....have been MAMA-PWNED!

-----------------Threadstarter:
What amp do you have? 90% of the sound comes from your amp so its best to have a good amp that is atleast cost more than your guitar. But hey not all the time, its also the guitars qualities like its wood, and pickups etc.