i thought this was ganna be a good replacemant for an amp and recording... but it doesnt sound right, way too bassy and doesnt have the high like my crate amp (plus i hear the radio when its plugged in!...) is it just me or does it sound so good its bad. anyone?
Well firstly, don't use it as an effects unit?

The Audigy isnt really meant for applying effects/delays etc. The best solultion would be to record it down through the Audigy (which is a great card, btw) and then run it through a different program to apply effects etc. I still wouldn't reccomend any distortions, though, they all sound horrible. You should record miced amp/processor > sound card > editor (for post effects like reverb, delay, reverse, etc)

It sounds bassy because you don't know how to EQ, btw.
sounds like a good idea, didnt know u could apply something like distorsion after. ill look into it, still shame i cant use it to play with the speekers and distorsion - got my hopes up. not too bad though for the amount of money.
Quote by daveyostrow
any word on the radio when i put the guitar on full volume?

something in your chain is unshielded and acting like an antenna, could be in your guitar wiring, cable, etc... Does your guitar control cavity have any shielding inside?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Creative Audigys are meant for gaming, not recording. Get an audiophile 192 It's built for recording. I'm sure you can sell your audigy on ebay, that's a damned good card, just not for recording.
Quote by Dr.Ripper
Creative Audigys are meant for gaming, not recording. Get an audiophile 192 It's built for recording. I'm sure you can sell your audigy on ebay, that's a damned good card, just not for recording.

The audigy is an all around soundcard, its for theatre, stereo/music, etc. It works fine for recording, too. I used it a few times back when I had it in my PC (when my PC wasnt a piece of trash)

And if its too loud or something when you plug your guitar right into it adjust the input volume... It should help tame the signal a bit?