Never heard of them, but they sound ****ing delicious!
Quote by BumOffBarney
And everyone in this thread, get a life. With the exception of trexgrinder or something like that
These guys are great from what I've heard, but my friend is ****ing pscyho for them. One of her favorites.
The RipOuts snotty punk rock

Got my leather jacket on and my mind is gone

Baby drop that needle, we can dance all night.
They played boring hardcore that allowed jocks in hoodies to introduce fascism and violence into the punk scene, which destroyed it.

Saw 'em in the 80s and that's where they should stay, IMHO.
Quote by johnnynemo
They played boring hardcore that allowed jocks in hoodies to introduce fascism and violence into the punk scene, which destroyed it.

I think I'd give that credit to ****ing Madball.
Madball was/is a joke from day one.

GB, at least, had some "street cred".
I guess my beef was the cover of the 45.

Some gorilla dressed like a jock that seemed to be advertising how hardcore kids should dress.
Couple that with Sick Of It All telling everyone it was "Clobberin' Time" and you've a recipe for disaster.
Quote by johnnynemo

Okay, everyone read that? Now punk forum lets all hate gorilla biscuits now.
I've notived that a good amount of crappy, generic, me-too hardcore and hardcore punk bands list them as an influence. Haven't heard them yet but for me this does not bode well for Gorilla Biscuits.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
I got Stat Today a few months ago, and I listened to it repetitively for about two weeks. I haven't listened since then. I don't know why, they just seem a little cheesy. I don't hate em though. I'll probably listen to it again one day and see how I like it.
My favorite Calgary band does a great cover of Start Today. They have violin and a female vocalist, so it sounds really cool.
<3gb
Member of the Big Muff Club, PM sonicyouthsaves to join.

Quote by whyvern
I <3 Relient K and Christian Punx!

Up da jesus!!!!
they are an awsome hardcore band...ya Start today is there best song for sure.
Quote by opivy21
I got Start Today a few months ago, and I listened to it repetitively for about two weeks. I haven't listened since then. I don't know why, they just seem a little cheesy.

Exactly.
Cheesy.
That's the word that I used then, and now, to describe the straight edge NYHC.

The guys who went to the shows dressed in their athletic gear punching the floor always looked like a bunch of meatheads at a football game, to me.
It's like the hardcore band were the equivalent of a high school marching band and all the people shouting along were the fans, pep squad and cheerleaders at a stupid playoff game that never ended.

It was all so high school and I went to punk shows to get away from the idiots at my high school and their cheesy bullsh*t.
i'll take their music at face value...from their self-titled, they're a great band, albiet some songs are a little funny. one of my favorite songs on the album (and i really mean it) "Finish What You Started" has the line "Be Open Hearted / Don't Be Retarded"...i laughed out loud when i heard it the first time. i haven't heard all of Start Today, but from what i've heard i definitely don't favor it to their self-titled.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
the fact that you know his name says something (i had to google that)

but...good music tends to transcend genre lines...

also, spewing the names of bands with historical hardcore cred is a GREAT way of seeming to have cred yourself
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
I brought a cd yesterday due to a couple of close friends telling me that gb is there favourite hardcore band.
The lyrics were pretty crap, the actual sound was okay, but its one of those bands that as long as I have something else to listen to, I'll listen to that something else.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
you guys are too critical. yah, the scene was sort of stupid, and it was an opportunity for kids to showcase violence, but i think there music was great. i always get a good listen from it. i think the s/t was better than "Start Today". i still laugh out loud everytime i hear the intro to "Big Mouth"
Quote by pistols
I brought a cd yesterday due to a couple of close friends telling me that gb is there favourite hardcore band.
The lyrics were pretty crap, the actual sound was okay, but its one of those bands that as long as I have something else to listen to, I'll listen to that something else.

don't look to old school hardcore for consistently poignant lyrics...
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

damn, everyone is hating on the gorilla biscuits, if it wasnt for them, there might not even be a hardcore forum to talk **** about them in.
Quote by reasonforchange
damn, everyone is hating on the gorilla biscuits, if it wasnt for them, there might not even be a hardcore forum to talk **** about them in.

Yes their would but they are still an amazing band.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
yeah I can't believe everybody hating on GB, they liked to have fun, and they had alot of fun being one of the best hardcore bands in history, cheesy lyrics and all. I love this band and have nothing but respect for them.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
I didn't mind Start Today, but their first record was terrible. They're alright, but I don't see the big fuss over them.
Quote by reasonforchange

that just shows that most people in this forum have no idea where hardcore came from or what hardcore even is

Yeah i'd say i'm a fan.

So maybe the guy saying that they were responsible for meatheads and facism in hardcore please explain the lyrics to Degredation:

Tell me who's pure.
Tell me who's right
Tell me the last time that you fought a fair fight.
A loser's way to find some friends,
you look like a skin but that's where it ends.
True, they're always at our shows,
It doesnt mean we fit in with their hatred and racism shit.
They ruin our name, you know what I mean.
Racial supremicists degrade our scene.

You know you can kiss my ass before I read you 'zine
There's no good side to this white power scene.
Kids beat down for standing up.
Your turn will come because we've all had enough.
You look like kids we know.
You're not welcome here.
You don't play music and we don't play fear.
I guess it's your right to be proud that you're white.
Are you here for music or just to pick fights?

Don't fool you self cause you don't fool me.
It's not just blacks you hate,
It's everyone you see.
Rich, poor, young and Old, whoever's in you way.
What a boring life, hating every day.
YOU"VE GOT NOTHING BUT HATRED!
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)

QUOTE]

It says I live in a society where unfortunately its hard not to.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
So maybe the guy saying that they were responsible for meatheads and facism in hardcore please explain the lyrics to Degredation

First of all, Agnostic Front sang against "Fascist Attitudes" and about "United Strong, Blacks and Whites" on Victim in Pain, then turned around and sang a racist song on their next album (Public Assistance), so just because they believe something one day doesn't mean they're gonna believe it the next.

Secondly, it's very easy to grunt or scream lyrics like that, when all the nazis in your audience can't understand them.

Thirdly, Also, I saw GB and Warzone both do separate shows with YDL.
If GB hated nazis so much, why did they do shows with YDL?

Lastly, and most importantly, explain to me why a band that is so anti-racist is on this comp with Youth Defense League, who are a white power band.
Let's see you post some of YDL's lyrics.

I won't post any YDL lyrics because as you said, they are an incredibly stupid, bigoted and racist band. I thought about the AF change myself after i'd posted my last reply but still, after talking to Vinnie at a show i'm pretty sure that he, himself is not racist although I can't speak for Roger. Also they brought a racist shit-head on tour with them, which was one of the reasons I refused to get an individual picture taken with Stigma as he insisted this guy was in all the photos. (Just for the record he had a load of Hitler and swastika tattoos.

I also never said that they hated nazis, I said that I did not believe that they were responsible for the amount of racism and jocks in the scene. Although you could argue that they were perpetuating it so not helping the situation at all. It's also annoying that you pointed out Warzone as supporting YDL as I thought they were one of the few skin bands that attempted to clean up the skin image and try to show that not all skins were racists.

Just off the topic, it's cool to have someone come in here that was around in the 80's and does actually know their stuff
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Thanks for the welcome.
I don't normally post in the hardcore forum, as I don't like the music.
But since this one started in the punk forum, I thought I'd post my impressions of what once was.

Alot of the politics of NYHC bands were really dodgy.
I still remember reading zines where Ray from Youth Of Today was praising YDL, yet when I met him, he took exception to some nazis who were at the show.
Maybe he went the other way from what AF did.

Warzone really disappointed me because I thought, like you did, that they were different.
But the one occasion that I saw them play with YDL, they did nothing while YDL were yelling racist sh*t all through their set.

When I saw Side By Side play, they also said some stuff about how "we don't need more racism", but did nothing to really stop the skinheads.

The one band that did something about nazi skinheads was Bold.
When one of their shows that I was at turned into a race riot, Bold was there fighting nazis with baseball bats.
So..... good on them.

The problem was that hardcore bands needed skinheads to come to their shows and buy their merch, in order to survive, early on.
Many bands courted skinheads, at first, but later turned their backs on them, as the nazism and skinhead violence became too much.

Ian MacKaye bears a lot of this blame for sporting a skinhead look (shaved head and boots) and singing "Guilty Of Being White".
I'm sure that he didn't mean it as some kind of nazi anthem, but that's how many of those boneheads took it.
YEah Johnnynemo, its awesome to have someone who was around back them come in here and share what went on with the shows back then. I guess i never realized how bad the racist skin problem was back then. Seriously man thanks for posting all of that.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

Quote by phobos

Me too. haha.

I used to play for a band that had alot of Gorilla Biscuits influence to it, with a modern twist.
I liked it, but I've never been able to get into GB.
ok so the rumor is GB is doing a reunion tour this summer, I've been told there playing Richmond Va with comeback kid, and that it is a full out tour. Anyone eles have any information on this?

Quote by emokid182
ok so the rumor is GB is doing a reunion tour this summer, I've been told there playing Richmond Va with comeback kid, and that it is a full out tour. Anyone eles have any information on this?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2602290&blogID=115633379&MyToken=9c332365-3945-49c9-a925-9c581e6a5d00

There you go..

I'm not sure about the comeback kid thing, but considering they've done reunion shows with bands like Lifetime, I'm hoping they can do better then Comeback Kid.