Okay i can't decide whether to get a Fender standard Fat Strat or the deluxe version 4 $100 more on muscian friends I don't prefer tex mex's but I could always change them. I just love the look of the deluxe version plus u get a gig bag wit deluxe version. No I'm wondering would it be worth it to buy the deluxe version? I'm on a tight budget and I's rather have standard pickups but deluxe version looks so cool!
What are the exact differences between the two?

If you were to buy these differences separately, would they cost $100?
Do you need all of these differences?
Would the differences you need cost $100 to buy separately?
Even if i put a black pickguard on it it would still not be the same. Could i replace knobes so they are black? Can I change the color of the pickups? can I get a bigger head stock? If so where?
get the one that you like best. you dont want to settle when you are buying a guitar, especially over $100.
Quote by alternativ rock
Even if i put a black pickguard on it it would still not be the same. Could i replace knobes so they are black? Can I change the color of the pickups? can I get a bigger head stock? If so where?

everything except the bigger headstock can be done for well under $100
www.stewmac.com would have the parts
www.musiciansfriend.com would have the actual fender parts plus i think they sell a pack with all the knobs and stuff and the pickguard
Quote by alternativ rock

?

thats what i have, i have no idea what kind of fat strat it is other than mexican, it was on the wall at guitar center and i haven't been able to find out what specific guitar model it is. it has the silver knob tuners and all black except the neck and other machinery, go to a place and see if they have another one. it was 499 when i got it.