Page 1 of 2
Holy ****...I just finished building a vintage all tube Fender(link in sig), and I got the idea to plug my guitar into both that amp and my Peavey C30, and HOLY **** IT'S AWESOME! It makes your sound so much deaper and more dynamic; almost sounds like two guitars at once. Anyone else play like this? It gets really incredible tone IMO. If you have two amps, try it...it's really sweet sounding.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
kickass, really interested in checking out this Fender you made. Any clips? Also, welcome to the club.

nvrmind, checking out clips now. Nice job man!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at May 18, 2006,
I tried but I have a nicer sounding partly tube amp and a crappy sounding solid state so together they sound pretty bad. But two nice tube amps... Yum thats gotta sound very nice.
how is it u can play with 2 amps?

do u use a cable splitter thingy thing?

Ps. sounds great btw playing with 2 tubes!
Right now I'm just using a passive Y box, but in the future I plan to design and build a A/B/Y box with a buffer so the impedences will match and I'll get minimum treble loss...

And I apoligize for the poor sound clips of the amp I made, the speaker I'm using is really old and shredded.
^ DUDE:O...i never knew that!....i have a zoom 505II pedal and a Samick 40 watt amp and a traynor 10 watt (they would probably sound gay mixed)...but i still wann try it...do i jsut plug an extra wire into the extra spot on my pedal and then into the input on my traynor?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

yeh you can use a cable spliter most techstores (radioshack) sell them or some guiter stations like digitechs RP300 seris have a output for a right and left channl

LINKY
could i plug into my hot rod deville 212 and then run the external speaker jack into the unput jack of another amp and do it that way
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
^No, it will probably blow the other amp, and your Deville will flavour the tone too much. The real beauty of this is having two amps at once, it just sounds really cool having two different sounds going at once.
it also sounds really cool running a guitar through a bass amp and a guitar amp, you get an awesome low sound and the guitar amp gives you the mid-high end.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
^ DUDE:O...i never knew that!....i have a zoom 505II pedal and a Samick 40 watt amp and a traynor 10 watt (they would probably sound gay mixed)...but i still wann try it...do i jsut plug an extra wire into the extra spot on my pedal and then into the input on my traynor?

Yeah and then you could run effects in sterio and it would sound cool.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Quote by BonnyTylerMoore
it also sounds really cool running a guitar through a bass amp and a guitar amp, you get an awesome low sound and the guitar amp gives you the mid-high end.

Thats a good idea...I'm getting a bass amp too someday, I'll try that
actually, it's alot easier than you think
if one of your amps have 2 inputs or more, just use a 1/4 cable and plug it into the extra input on the first amp, and the other end into another amp.

this is actually called "slaving" your amps

here's a quick diagram:

Last edited by greenbox at May 19, 2006,
AHHH

Idea thief

I did this way back when I had two ****ty practice amps, I ran one through the other, since both were crap. Play one distorted, and one clean
^Well I do it with two nice TUBE amps

Try that.

And green, that works, but I only have one input
AB/Y switches (idk if its been mentioned yet) work really well too. Because you can turn one amp on or off or both on or you know...like any combination you damn well please.
^Yep, I'm building one of those next. After my trem pedal and FF clone.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Pace yourself there turbo.

^Why!?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
^Why!?

Yeah I really dont know. lol

[/spam]

How much is all this costing you?
^****loads.

I have way to much gear.
It's also just as good if you have a two channel amp with seperate speakers for each of its channels. I use my JC160 this way, so that I can get full stereo chorus and delay (2x10s each channel).
if a pedal eg a digitech has two outputs to a mixer could i use the mixer output to plug a second amp
Whoa dudes......... How would stacking 3 amps sound ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
uhhh yesterday i tried to play through both of my amps again, and i realized that i just cant get a clean sound out of my hughes and kettner. this is showing me how much i really did need my new amp. i play the hughes and kettner on the clean channel, EQed nice and it has mild distortion and then when i play through my Hartke, it sounds so nice and much cleaner. im thinking about selling the Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 30. does anyone have any idea on how much i could get? its in great condition, only about a year or so old.
i've been using this trick for about a year now..i'm a bass player so it's much easier for me.

My rig goes like this in order

Ibanez Soundgear 700 > Bass Pod XT Live > Ampeg BA115 > Line out > Vintage Roland Super Cube 100 > Line Out > House

I EQ the amps to have the Ampeg BA115 handle the highs and mids (due to the horn) and my Roland to handle the lows since it also has a 15 inch speaker.
Quote by greenbox
if one of your amps have 2 inputs or more, just use a 1/4 cable and plug it into the extra input on the first amp, and the other end into another amp.

here's a quick diagram:

hey i tried this but it doesnt work... any ideas?

i plugged my guitar into a bass amp (which has two inputs) and plugged the guitar amp into the 2nd input of the bass amp...

is this right?
^Wouldn't that just mean that the second input is the guitar amp, which won't make any noise as there is no guitar through it. Hence the word input - needs some signal coming in.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

want a diagram mate?
Quote by mynamewontfit
^Wouldn't that just mean that the second input is the guitar amp, which won't make any noise as there is no guitar through it. Hence the word input - needs some signal coming in.

The way most amps are made, on a single channel, the inputs are connected together, with the tips connected to resistors (68k in many cases). Alot of places say that using a dummy load, or an attenuator for the output on your first amp and connecting that to your next amp is slaving, I disagree since it's more like stacking in series, slaving is more like using your amps in parallel (which is what we were talking about anyways).

Anyway, your bass amp probably uses 2 separate channels for the inputs (regardless of whether or not it takes advantage of that), which would be why you can't slave using a simple patch cable.

I could honestly swear that it works however, since I've done so before. Just make sure the input's you're using are on the same channel.
Last edited by greenbox at May 22, 2006,
Quote by greenbox

here's a quick diagram:

I've been running my fender princeton chorus alongside my bassman with a pedal that has a dry output(the screamer and muff sound terrible out of the princeton chorus). But, I did not know that you could do this and it sounds fantastic!
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

extra spot in your pedal? Isnt that the control in for the expression pedal?
crap........now i have to start saving up for another awesome amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Back when i was in a band i was borrowing a twin reverb and Dual Recto. I used the twin for cleans and recto for distortion but sometimes i used both at once. Made a cool sound.

Yeah but i think im gonna go for a JCM 800 instead of a dual recto next time. Im not sure why. Probably cause im less metal than i used to be.
yea..i knew that wen i first started with solid state amps..but now i use my traynor ycv50blue and fender hot rod deluxe. i use the traynor for dirty sounds and fender for cleans..
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Page 1 of 2