Page 1 of 2
I really like these guys and noticed there was no thread on them in here. Some of my favorite songs are "We're not Orphans" and "Shhhhhhh! I'm Listening to Reason". Anyone else here enjoy their music?
you bet it does. I love how a lot of there songs are only maybe 2 and a half minutes long and only have one chorus yet they are so awesome. I think that's why I don't get sick of their songs so easily.
last summer i had a cd of their's and if i remember correctly it was pretty sweet

best part is that they are from seattle
Quote by pixiesfanyo
Ribbons & Sugar is really fucking good

totally

in the land of monsters is amazing.

their older material is better than volcano by far...FAR.

they used to not use chorus's in their songs and thats what made them 'stand out' but on volcano they kinda followed the label and 'sold out' for lack of a better term. they wrote a whole cd about how labels are assholes too...weird.

oh well. they are still fantastic.
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
I agree with everything said here x10.

Love this band.

Was glad I found them a while back, and no one knew what I was talking about. Most still dont.
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
I checked em out once and it didn't really interest me. But I've heard it's an acquired taste so I'll have to really give it some time.
I can't stand them. I saw them in September and they were pretty boring and not too great. I was actually hoping they would be good because I had heard good things about them but I didn't like them at all.
Pretty Good. Love the band name. I bought Volcano about a year ago. They're playing Nashville with Horse the Band and Forgive Durden here in a few weeks. I'll probably be there.
Gatsby's American Dream rocks. I love "Volcano". The bass line in "Theater" is so sweet. The older stuff is great too, but "Volcano" is my favorite.
Quote by misfitsrocker14
Pretty Good. Love the band name. I bought Volcano about a year ago. They're playing Nashville with Horse the Band and Forgive Durden here in a few weeks. I'll probably be there.

Where do you live at? I go to shows in Nashville alot but I go to Memphis more. I live in Jackson which is about in the middle of both those. I saw GAD in Memphis at the Complex.
Quote by Paint
totally

in the land of monsters is amazing.

their older material is better than volcano by far...FAR.

they used to not use chorus's in their songs and thats what made them 'stand out' but on volcano they kinda followed the label and 'sold out' for lack of a better term. they wrote a whole cd about how labels are assholes too...weird.

oh well. they are still fantastic.

I agree that the fact that they never used choruses in their older stuff was pretty cool. Even though Volcano does have choruses I still think it's a flawless album and probably better than their older stuff.

I wanted to see them when they com to Denver this thursdya but my damn sister has her graduation.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Where do you live at? I go to shows in Nashville alot but I go to Memphis more. I live in Jackson which is about in the middle of both those. I saw GAD in Memphis at the Complex.

I live right at the kentucky/tennessee line in Scottsville. Nothing in this small town, but im like an hour from both Louisville and Nashville, so its not that bad.
i get the two mixed up as well ^

Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Who's fucking psyched about the upcoming self-titled album?

/me points to self.

Station 5: The Pearl and We Can Remember it for You Wholesale are AMAZING.

There's supposed to be another song released next week, too.
We keep flying off,
But we crawl right back, yeah.
They're going to have a new album?

I need to get out more.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Man, these guys are good... I just downloaded (boo) some of their stuff and I really like what I hear
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
The only thing I don't like is how similar the two new songs are.
They're both amazing songs, but sound like each other.
I'm fine with it, as long as the rest of the album isn't the same way.

But man, am I excited.
I just hope it isn't a huge disappointment. ::cough::Good Apollo::cough::
We keep flying off,
Quote by tpen892004
what good apollo is their best album imo

There are about 4-5 good songs. Everything else is generic, watered down shit.
Not the same Coheed I loved on the first two albums.

But I'm not going to get into it here.

Anyhow, a new song, My Name is Ozymandias has been posted.
And I think it's amazing.

This new album is going to be amazing.
We keep flying off,
^ I hate that "kill the pig" part in that song...it's wildly annoying.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
This album does nothing for me it is really generic and the first song is just crap I almost turned it off right there
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
I like them, but for some reason I get tired of them after about 30 minutes of 'em

I don't even know why.
Page 1 of 2