I just wanted to share my new love. I went to GC today just to look around. I'm trying to stop myself from spending money cause I want my custom strat to get started. So I was just looking around for ideas for the guitars. Here is where it gets interesting. Originally I had my heart set on a Mesa Boogie Road King as my next amp as I wanted to get a head. But I fell in love with another. Matt (dude at GC) only had one Traynor YCV80Q in stock. I always told him to call me whenever he gets Traynors in stock cause I just love em. Apparently he left 3 messeges for me but I didn't find out till I got home. But it was there and as soon as I walked in he saw me and told me to follow. I went with him to the boom room. There it was. The Traynor YCV80Q with matching cab. I just smiled and ran out to the racks to pick a guitar. I LOVE IT. It was sex to my ears. Orgasmic goodness. I traded in my old Traynor which was a YCV40 along with some cash and misc gear to get the set up. I just brought it home. I have to go back to pick up the cab tommorrow as I didn't want to wait for my ride. If anyone has anythoughts on buying this amp don't hesitate. Get this babd boy now. I will post some clips once I get my sound card working again.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I want a Traynor sooooo bad, but I haven't played one, my GC doesn't carry them. Should I take a gamble and buy one? I've been looking at the 40w one.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
The 40w was what I traded in today. I loved the thing but I knew in the back of my mind that if I had the opportunity to get a higher end traynor I would jump on it and I did. I say go for it if you want the 40w. It is amazing. What type of music do you play?
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

RHCP, RATM, SRV, Jimi Hendrix. (lots of apprevations lol)

I just want good cleans, and good blues overdrive.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
I was just looking at Traynors. I was gonna get a Mesa Boogie too. How much do the 40s go for? I play AC/DC, System Of A Down, Nirvana, and other metal and grungy styles. I'm also getting into some other classic rock bands.

What kind of features does the Traynor have? Like channels and effects? I don't even know if tubes have that stuff, lol, I don't know much about amps.
Pissed.
It's perfect for you Dr. No. As for Unofficial it would duit you nicely but you might need a overdrive pedal up front to get you to push your gain a bit more. The 40w go for about 400-500 usd. I will get back to you on effects got to go.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

wut about the 50 watt oen the blue one is it nice also i hear its a lil dif
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Unofficial. The Traynors come with spring reverb across two channels. Chan 1 Lead and Chan 2 is Clean. The have effects loops and external speaker out jacks, Speaker defeat switch. Higher end models have a brightness and scoop function like my new baby. That's just to name a few. If you want more just ask. As for Ka$h the 50 is great in it's own write. I played on while I was out of state. It has a bit of a heavier distortion for it's lead channel the the 40's. besides thats it is more powerfull watt wise. Any other questions please post.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by OsirisProtocol
Unofficial. The Traynors come with spring reverb across two channels. Chan 1 Lead and Chan 2 is Clean. The have effects loops and external speaker out jacks, Speaker defeat switch. Higher end models have a brightness and scoop function like my new baby. That's just to name a few. If you want more just ask. As for Ka$h the 50 is great in it's own write. I played on while I was out of state. It has a bit of a heavier distortion for it's lead channel the the 40's. besides thats it is more powerfull watt wise. Any other questions please post.

how about the clean channel hows that is it same?
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
The clean channel is to die for. I love Traynors clean channel. They just seem to jump out at you ya know? I think thats the best part of the amp until you sit down and mess with it. I especially like to drive over the clean channel. Gives the best clarity it gain I have ever heard.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Quote by Dr. No
RHCP, RATM, SRV, Jimi Hendrix. (lots of apprevations lol)

I just want good cleans, and good blues overdrive.

you probably would prefer a Marshall Jubilee. Much more towards those tones.
Aren't the jubilee's like retard expensive? The Traynor can get you your tone easily for a fraction of the price.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Last edited by OsirisProtocol at May 20, 2006,
Quote by Bulletbass man
you probably would prefer a Marshall Jubilee. Much more towards those tones.

As if any old person can go out and find a Jubilee, let alone afford one.