Page 1 of 2
"It's easier to believe than it is to think. Hence we have far more believers than thinkers."-?
"Ive been busted, discusted and couldn't be trusted"-Woody Guthrie
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Epi LP Standard Plus Flame Top
7/10 Body is amazing! neck and headstock don't go as well with it ......... Darker Neck? different markers?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
it would be awsome if the headstock was the same color! holy crap! and the pickups had covers the same color too! and the fret markers too!

im serious though
i love it, looks like water. 9/10

only thing that could be better would be an ebony fretboard, strictly for the color, in which its perfect.
yeah headstock doesn't quite fit with it

"smoother" or smaller looking fret inlays would be sweet too
id say like 6ish
Thanks for your input. Keep em coming.

What would you think about all black hardware, pickup rings, and all?
"It's easier to believe than it is to think. Hence we have far more believers than thinkers."-?
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
4/10 the top could be WAY better.

Overall though, i'd give it a 6/10.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Last edited by AlGeeEater at May 18, 2006,
Looks good for what it cost. 7, Id get a black stop bar and tunomatic with black pup rings and EMGs for looks.
Quote by CustomCustom
Looks good for what it cost. 7, Id get a black stop bar and tunomatic with black pup rings and EMGs for looks.

or just black pick-up covers if you can't afford/don't want EMGs

That guitar looks amazing though. But like everyone else has said, I'd prefer a darker fretboard.
I actually thing some chrome tuning pegs would do it a world of good; just to go with all the other hardware
3/10 looks like a nice finish, but a mis-match with the pickups, it needs silver covers to shine!
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
nice guitar, if you had an ebony fretboard and chrome tuners it would be really cool, also if it had the quilt on the headstock itd be better, abalone trapezoid inlays would be better too, looks very good for an Epi, i usually only like the Elitist series and a couple more but that is looks, you probably should change the pickups to Gibsons or Seymour Duncans, but i think it looks good with the black open coils
Last edited by Teleprompters at May 18, 2006,
Quote by Teleprompters
nice guitar, if you had an ebony fretboard and chrome tuners it would be really cool, also if it had the quilt on the headstock itd be better, abalone trapezoid inlays would be better too, looks very good for an Epi, i usually only like the Elitist series and a couple more but that is looks, you probably should change the pickups to Gibsons or Seymour Duncans, but i think it looks good with the black open coils

Thanks it's an Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top Limited Eddition most of the new ones have a pick guard. Mine came without one so no holes for one. To me thats a plus.
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
That's a nicer top than the ones I've seen on most recent Gibson Les Pauls, let alone Epiphones.
An ebony fretboard would go well with it, and perhaps silver pickup covers.
However, the quilt itself is VERY cool.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
9/10. Beautiful guitar.

Almost makes me want an Epi.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Thats pretty nice. It would be nicer if the headstock was the ame colour as the body.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
Thats pretty nice. It would be nicer if the headstock was the ame colour as the body.

The neck and the headstock are the same blue. I just can't picture the face of the headstock being blue. I guess thats just me.
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
6/10... looks too fake (the top)

How does quilted maple look fake? It's a thin veneer I know. But it is a quilted maple veneer.
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
6/10... looks too fake (the top)

MEh, thats what you think I guess, looks fine to me.
It feels like im at the beach and i see the bautiful sea!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by 4e574e57363g
it would be awsome if the headstock was the same color! holy crap! and the pickups had covers the same color too! and the fret markers too!

im serious though

yeah, the only thing I don't like is that the headstock is black. I'd give it an 8
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
hey anyone that can do all that by themselves is an artist...10.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by rubberbullets
looks ok, I bet it plays like ass though

Why would it? It's an all mahogany guitar with a maple top. From the Epi's I've played, they have quite comfortable necks as well.

Really, you seem to just make ass hole comments in every post I've seen of yours.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i will give 8.5/10 for just the maple alone. 6.5/10 for overall, it look abit weird on a lp, but the maple really look great
Quote by xsynysterx06
hey anyone that can do all that by themselves is an artist...10.

No Im no artist. It came that way. Its a quilted maple vereer over a maple top.
Quote by rubberbullets
looks ok, I bet it plays like ass though

Actualy it played prteey sweet right out of the box. After I had it set up by a pro it plays as well as any guitar I have owned. It could use a bit of fret work in order to lower the stings to the floor without fret buzz, but I like it the way it is now.
Quote by Xenn99
Why would it? It's an all mahogany guitar with a maple top. From the Epi's I've played, they have quite comfortable necks as well.

Really, you seem to just make ass hole comments in every post I've seen of yours.

I thought it was all Mahogany with a maple top and a quilted maple veneer. But I have come to realize that there is a bit of alder in the body too. So its most likely Mahogany, Alder,Maple cap,w/quilted maple veneer. But I have been told that in 98 when it was made some runs were all Mahogany, and the chances are like70 30 aginst me. But it plays and sounds good to me.
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Last edited by EpiRocks at May 24, 2006,
10 That's a dream maple top. I want the same one
Where did you get it? How much?

but you need black pickup rings and a black pickup switch thingamajig
and better tuners

but chrome hardware is cool
You show off!

I can't give you a tech opinion since I'm but a n00blet on these matters, but it sure looks beautiful, even though I've seen ones that I liked better. 8/10.

All black hardware would look good... And lose those tuners. Fugly.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
6/10
it would look much nicer imo if you put some silver pickup covers on it.
xxx

my rig:
-gibson les paul studio (sh4-bridge)
-peavey valve king 212
-electro-harmonix english muff'n
-roland micro cube
-digitech digidelay
-digitech grunge
-rocktron hush pedal
-fender pedal tuner
Quote by Anty 7
10 That's a dream maple top. I want the same one
Where did you get it? How much?

but you need black pickup rings and a black pickup switch thingamajig
and better tuners

but chrome hardware is cool
I bought it like new from a friend from another forum. Sorry I know that can't be much help.
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
I like it, i think an ebony fretboard and Abalone, not mother of pearl would look ultra secksi though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Page 1 of 2