I have a Vox AD30VT and a Epiphone Les Paul-100.

I am really looking for a good crunchy sound, I dont really want to play metal, but I really want the nice AC/DC sound, Zeppelin, and little A7X. The amp can get close, but want a little more gain/drive than what the amp offers.

I am looking around on eBay for pedals, but I really dont know which one would suit me. Would a tubescreamer be any good, or do you need a tube amp? Lol, Im a noob to pedals.
Or a Boss DS-1. I really dont know.

What would you suggest?
Boss DS-1. Don't buy it on eBay, it won't come with a manual and you'll need one.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
lol im basically in the same boat...
My Gear
Agile AL-3000 Prestige Slim Profile Neck
Schecter C-1 PLUS
Washburn WD18SW Solid-Wood Acoustic
Vox AD30vt with the VFS2 footswitch
Fender PT-100 tuner
Vox wah pedal
the DS-1 is the most festering peice of s*** ever

get a metal zone I know you don't play metal but it has a great tone. If you just turn back the distortion a little bit you will get the sweetest AC/DC tone you have my word. I had a DS-1 and I HATED it. The distortion was fuzzy and had no clarity.
so a metal zone or a DS-1...Ill read more about those....and if I get it of ebay i can get one with a manual.

Would a Boss DS-2 better than the DS-1?
What about the Ibanez Tubescreamer?
DONT GET A METAL ZONE. they are pure $h1T. get a overdrive and boost the UK 80's, US High Gain, or Boutique OD amps. thats what i do.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
boost the gain you've already got on your amp with a maxon 808 OD, or an original tubescreamer...
brizzah
forget every other pedal, get the marshall jackhammer its lik getting a 7000 stack for 90 bucks
lol, everybody is suggesting something different....

voxdude26, what pedal would do that? a tubescreamer?