Watch the beginning mini interview. Is it just me, or does Lennon and that other guy seem to be "hittin it off" so to speak?

Is Lennon gay or something...or this a joke?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1diHzcGOZkA
Originally posted by josephde
i feel like an idiot, so plz don't flame me, but is hendrix still alive?

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

Last edited by hendrix513 at May 18, 2006,
you know Lennon was married right?
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

Maybe they were/are just friendly guys. I'm pretty sure john lennon was fairly in touch with himself, plus he had a wife.

And if he was gay/bi, why would it matter? Would you stop listening to his music? Stop learning his songs? Think of him as a bad song writer?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
woops, forgot the link lol

Quote by iain4444
Maybe they were/are just friendly guys. I'm pretty sure john lennon was fairly in touch with himself, plus he had a wife.

And if he was gay/bi, why would it matter? Would you stop listening to his music? Stop learning his songs? Think of him as a bad song writer?

uhhh NO. I wasn't implying anything by posting this. I was just curious cuz I thought he was married, which he was, so I didn't think he was gay. I would DEFINITELY NOT stop listening to someone just because of their orientation.

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

man....the other guy is mick freakin jagger, it is a clip from rolling stones rock and roll circus and he is saying yer blues because that is the name of the song they play next. and you should listen to it because it is incredible in the version he plays with clapton, richards and mitchell.
Sorry about that then
Its just that your original post seemed pretty degrogative. Believe what you will, the guy was amazing.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
maybe it was shot in a tiny broom closet? or maybe they were both high...they're rockstars anyway. or maybe you're crazy.i wouldn't think that at all unless someone pointed it out.
Quote by OLP1
man....the other guy is mick freakin jagger, it is a clip from rolling stones rock and roll circus and he is saying yer blues because that is the name of the song they play next. and you should listen to it because it is incredible in the version he plays with clapton, richards and mitchell.

So you assumed I didn't listen to it? Wow, lots of assuming going on here. I watched it and thought it was amazing.

And they just seemed really close and emotional. And now that I think about they probably were high. So I'm very sorry for offending you Lennon fanatics.

Quote by orangecake

I love this version, great stuff. But anyways, how can you not recognize Mick? I think it's pretty obvious that they are friends and just joking around. And I don't think Lennon was bi.....
Last edited by Jesse Mrau at May 19, 2006,
What about that whole thing with Brian Epstein that one time? It was in anthology book or The Beatles book where they went to spain or something and something happened between them.

EDIT: and they were most definitely high in that video.
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
everyone stop flaming hendrix, he jut asked if he was gay

christ almighty
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Anybody know what Im talking about though? John Lennon...Brian Epstein...on vacation in spain or somewhere....they got curious..........

It was in the anthology book or something

By the way Brian Epstein was most definitely gay and he adored john so he would definitely be willing......................................................................
Alright, fine, here it is. John Lennon was known to have homosexual tendancies. As mentioned, him and Epstein supposidly did some stuff. But, it really makes no difference. We all knew Lennon was a weird character. With all the girls adoring him for so long, its not really a suprise that he got curious. Might have got tired of all the women.
that guy!? That is Mick Jagger. To address the Brian Epstein thing, I've heard that, but the books I've read on the band and Lennon himself seem to suggest that it never happened. He did go on a holiday alone with Brian once (right after Julian was born I think), but according to anybody who knew John nothing really happened, even though whenever Paul is asked about it, he responds by saying, "oh, that gay thing.", and that John was really touchy about it (he actually got in a fist fight with a friend for mentioning it). Actually, if you listen closely to "Baby You're a Rich Man" you might catch a bit of a bash on Brian Epstein's.. preference which I can't repeat here.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
Last edited by Voodoo_Chile42 at May 19, 2006,
Yeah I'm not bashing the guy, makes no difference to me, and we all know he got more ass (from women) than everybody on UG combined x 5, but I'm just wondering if anybody knew what im talking about. I know theres no actual proof too...so. Yeah, and john gave brian so much **** about him being gay, its part of what drove him into depression and drugs which eventually killed him.

Oh, and:
"personally, yoko ono looks like a man. so you never know....she could be one"
Last edited by ncsurfer at May 19, 2006,
Quote by hendrix513
woops, forgot the link lol

uhhh NO. I wasn't implying anything by posting this. I was just curious cuz I thought he was married, which he was, so I didn't think he was gay. I would DEFINITELY NOT stop listening to someone just because of their orientation.

You silly bastard.
Quote by Antroid
You silly bastard.

what?

Quote by orangecake

this is unbelievable! this would be blasphamy where I come from... ok first off, it's John Lennon and Mick Jagger in the late 60's (68ish, considering the white album/lennon hairstyle.)...... they are SOO obviously stoned out of their trees! To me it seems more like two brits joking than homosexual implications.
As for the Epstein thing, its all a matter of judgement I guess, no one ever accused lennon, it was rumored, he denied it.. take it for what it is.
It was the 60s.

And they were rock stars.

Maaaaaaaan, sexuality is like a tree, maaaaaaaaaaaaan.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!