My luthier friend is making me a guitar for free. Yes I agree im a lucky bastard, for once in my life. So this is the wood combination that I chose:

Korina Body

Hard Maple neck

Ebony Fretboard

Neck thru construcion & schaller trem

HOw do you this this guitar will sound?
Quote by maddd0g
Korina? How is that supposed to sound? I've never heard of it?

V's are commonly made of it, I hear its light with mahogany like qualities.
White or black korina?
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
I know nothing about korina but if it has mahogany qualities why not ? But the best combination I heard is the Ibanez RBM2NT (Reb Beach Model) , it has a mahogany body, awesome koa top, bolivian neck i think on pau ferro fretboard, or the Suhr one are gorgeous too, anything that Reb plays is a dream
So it's got a mahogany body with a koa top and a rosewood fretboard and rosewood neck? Reminds me of Suhr for sure
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
The black korina looks sexy. Clearcoat the natural.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Sounds like it'll be a good guitar! What finish and pickups are you going for?