i lookin for a wah-wah that worth the money....and i was wonderin what you guys think are the tops wahs...classic rock is the sound i'm aiming for
My friend has a Ibanez Weeping Demon. They are really nice and has some good wah too. I never tried any other wahs but this one certainly feels and sounds good to me.
Fender Jazz Bass
Squire Stratocaster
Yamaha RBX 170(Custom Paint)
Yamaha MagicStomp
Dunlop MXR Distortion +
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Peavey Basic 112
mark tromonti wah is pretty good. I was pretty impressed at it's valu. but the Zakk Wylde wah as well, amazing.
...:::The Master Chief :::...
crybaby's are the way to go for a classic rock sound
Quote by crazydiamond73
i killed a hooker while she was servicing me and we were both high on crack, all on the teachers desk. i mean c'mon.
No Vox are. Crybaby's weren't around, they were moddled after the Vox's. That's why Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Vaughan,all used a Vox 847.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
either buy crybaby and mod it (not that hard to do, just ask around on the building and customizing page), or get a vox.
member #2 of the hippies kickass club
Quote by StratRat13
No Vox are. Crybaby's weren't around, they were moddled after the Vox's. That's why Clapton, Hendrix, Page, Vaughan,all used a Vox 847.

umm...you sure about that? At least not exclusivly. SRV used VOX wah's pretty much all the time but Hendrix? pretty sure he was playing on a crybaby some of the time....and rather...more so than less.
If
I
would
could
you?
Budda would be my weapon of choice for classic rock and blues.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by aic_rooster
umm...you sure about that? At least not exclusivly. SRV used VOX wah's pretty much all the time but Hendrix? pretty sure he was playing on a crybaby some of the time....and rather...more so than less.

Actually hendrix did play a Vox...A Vox V848 Clyde McCoy Reissue to be exact...get your facts straight

EDIT: To threadstarter: Get a Vox Clyde McCoy reissue..I'm pretty sure thats what Hendrix and Page used
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
1. Vox 848 Clyde McCoy
2. Vox 847
3. Dunlop Crybaby

Also try the Ibanez Weeping Demon. The wah is ok, not the best, but its cool because you can set it so your foot totally controls the wah, or set it so its set on a spring and you push the pedal and if you release your foot, the pedal springs back. Thats a really nice feature that more wahs should have.
Hendrix played the Vox 847 not Clyde McCoy. And the Clyde MCCoy HAS SERIOUS RELIABILITY ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But for some reason the 847 doesn't. 99 bucks for a 847+15 dollar true bypass mod= 30 bucks cheaper than a Clyde McCoy.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Just avoid cheap pedals like the Behringer's Hellbabe. I got one and it sucks
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
If you get a Cray baby get it modded if it doesn't suit your tastes or if you like it and want a little more out of it.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
man, maybe two people agreed out of all of you

plus it was just explained that the Vox is better than the Crybaby (which i agree with) and you still choose crybaby. oi.
lol. I am gonna go try out a Vox tommorrow just for the sake of it. I don't really need a new wah I'm quite comfortable with my Bud actually.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by Bulletbass man
I'd say the crybaby is a fine choice. The mods only are like 20 dollars to make insanely kick ass.

Got any good sites you know of? I always love checking out mods.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
1. Vox 848 Clyde McCoy
2. Vox 847
3. Dunlop Crybaby

(well the Vox's arent that bad there are much betterpedals out there)

try:
Buddah Bud-wah
Teese Real McCoy RMC3
possibly one of the Morley wahs
Quote by Erock503
Got any good sites you know of? I always love checking out mods.

http://stompboxmods.com/
It's a WIP at the moment, I started it with another dude. We're still working on getting all the coding done, and getting a good mod database, but there are some wah mods in there.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by StratRat13

Actully Crybabies was around! But Vox made them (kinda). Heres the story.
In UK they were the Vox 847 (or 848, if its a Clyde), but in US they werent a big succes, so Vox wanted to be popular in the US market, so they got Jim Dunlop to start manufacture them. But instead of calling them Vox V847, they called them Vox Crybabies.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Wooohoa, I didn't know that ??

Oh yeah, about the Weeping Demon, is it that BAD ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by Gabel
Actully Crybabies was around! But Vox made them (kinda). Heres the story.
In UK they were the Vox 847 (or 848, if its a Clyde), but in US they werent a big succes, so Vox wanted to be popular in the US market, so they got Jim Dunlop to start manufacture them. But instead of calling them Vox V847, they called them Vox Crybabies.

Yes.... ...Gabel you own just for the record.

But all those guys used the 847. Not the Vox Crybaby, pretty much the same thing, except for the name.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
^The Vox wah is still basically identical to the Dunlop.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
http://stompboxmods.com/
It's a WIP at the moment, I started it with another dude. We're still working on getting all the coding done, and getting a good mod database, but there are some wah mods in there.

cool site man, thanks, I've been looking for that OD808 true bypass mod
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by seljer
(well the Vox's arent that bad there are much betterpedals out there)

try:
Buddah Bud-wah
Teese Real McCoy RMC3
possibly one of the Morley wahs

jen vox's are sweet
teese rmc wizard wah
fulltone clyde wah
Quote by bluespunkmetal

I have a weeping demon and love it, it sounds great (to me at least, being a wah noob ) and it's VERY versatile, but as far as sound quality goes, I doubt it can compare to say, a Budda or Teese.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Wooohoa, I didn't know that ??

It has a very unique sound to it. In a word, it sounds "evil". Or at least through my Roland Blues Cube 60 with EMG humbuckers, all driven hard.

Its not too great for cleans, but I guess if you were to turn the volume down a bit, it could work. It does have a lot of control, as well as a killer bass wah.
Any1 know a good site 4 DIY Wah or a decent mod 4 a cheapo brand i.e. Daphon (DF2210) or similar
Also i have a 30year old Boss PW-1 Wah-Wah im repairing Can any1 give me an idea if this is a good Wah ? I have the cct diagram & sarvice manual for the PW-1 if any body wants a copy id b only 2 happy 2 supply the .pdf file FREE of corse. Or is their a site i can upload the manual for all commers 2 ues.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Recommended threads
Wah = fail.
superslash1994
Last post:
by superslash1994