Hi I'm new to these forums and I need some help finding an amp for my guitar and style of playing. I have a Gibson SG Custom with 2 57' Classics at the neck and mid with a 57 classic plus at the bridge. I play mostly alternative, jazz, and gospel music. Not often do I use distortion and what not. I've narrowed the choices to the Vox Valvetronix AD30Vt, Spider 2 112, Roland Cube 30, and a Peavey Classic 30. I do not need anything big for I plan not to gig. Thank you for your input.
I'd go for the Vox good sir. Best of what you've narrowed it down to.
Fender MIM Strat w/SD Hot Rails in Bridge/Marshall AVT275x/Digitech RP200/Dunlop Classic Crybaby/Fender MIM Jazz Bass/Fender Rumble 25/Pearl Forum 5 Piece Drum Set w/Zildjian ZBT cymbal set/Shure SM58/Line 6 Toneport UX-1.
Classic 30 is a tube amp, which will give you a better base sound but no amp modelling, either go the classic 30 with a chorus pedal or the valvetronix by its own, the cube is only better in modelling a metal amp compared to the valvetronix. The line 6 didn't impress me as much as the valvetronix when i tried all of these either.
Are you mad?? The Peavey is tube. It has a natural TONE. It won't bore or annoy you after a week, and you won't be embarassed to turn it up.
It's a great amp.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by jimbob78
Are you mad?? The Peavey is tube. It has a natural TONE. It won't bore or annoy you after a week, and you won't be embarassed to turn it up.
It's a great amp.

yeah and for versitality....no.

Vox will do fine. Hes not going to gig and it has really nice tone.
Damn. I was so psyched to recommend a Twin Reverb and then i realized where his pricerange would be. The vox would be perfect for you man.
So I was reading some other posts and lots of people seem to like the peavey classic 30 cause its a tube and what not, while the vox is a "hybrid". Since I'm playing mostly cleans and like old songs, wouldn't the tube be better? Just wondering. Thanks for all your inputs so far.