i want to learn a guitar solo, but because i havnt been playing for long i need an easy one to start with. what is an easy guitar solo which i could learn?
Agreed ^^^^
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Greenday - Holiday

I mean, I picked it out in less than 30 seconds. It's really easy to play too.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
How about the melodic master of puppets solo. Thats pretty easy and you like metallic so its perfect for you.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
santeria - what i got, is a pretty easy solo, i guess if you can call it that
for some reason im stupid and can only learn like half of another persons solo if its a hard solo...then i always improvise the rest...it usually sounds cool but its only because im lazy...but a good easy solo is the Twisted Sister "We're not gonna take it" solo
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

First solo to "The Trooper." Just keep at it long enough and you'll get it. First solo I learned and it really opened my mind up the whole soloing thing.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by ban rap
The solo from Hey Joe, by Hendrix.

if he wants an easy solo this def. isn't it...it has a ton of hammer ons and pulloffs and sweeps up and down the scale

as for an easy solo...first one i taught myself was knockin on heavens door by GNR.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by old_fart
i want to learn a guitar solo, but because i havnt been playing for long i need an easy one to start with. what is an easy guitar solo which i could learn?

If you can do bends, Californication is really easy, especially because most of the solo is played solo (which can make some of these, like Holiday, seem harder).

And yeah, Wake Me Up When September Ends is pretty much the easiest solo of all time.
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet

LOL lets see you pull that **** off.

But on a more serious note Yes Californiacations a great one was my first solo, and Slash solos are pretty easy to learn.
Proud Mary by CCR. Very easy solo. Easy song all around. Above are great suggestions also.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by stratster23
Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet

LOL lets see you pull that **** off.

But on a more serious note Yes Californiacations a great one was my first solo, and Slash solos are pretty easy to learn.

WTF? Some of slash' solos are easy, but most of them aren't for a beginner/intermediate player.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Quote by old_fart

kryptonie - 3 doors down
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
Greenday - Holiday

I mean, I picked it out in less than 30 seconds. It's really easy to play too.

I've heard many a people mess up this solo.

Its sad really.
BOLD.
used to lover her
guns n roses

theyre kinda easy
R.I.P JIMI

member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join
Quote by sLaShRoCks1314
used to lover her
guns n roses

theyre kinda easy

I am learning that one right now as my first solo. It is taking me a few days but if you know the song well and can do bends then the actual playing isn't too hard.

Also this solo sounds really good.
The Chilis have done some easy solos, although Frusicante is in my opinion a guitar genius.
Can't Stop
Zephyr song
Californication
"Bang your head against the stage,
Like you never did before.
Make it ring, make it bleed,
Make it really sore.
In a frenzied madness,
with you leathers and your spikes.
Heads are bobbing all around,
It's hot as hell tonight!"
first solo i learned was disturbed - stricken. but then i noticed really what a solo was and so my first solo i learned (super duper easy) was also smells like teen spirit.
Quote by Metallica1989
WTF? Some of slash' solos are easy, but most of them aren't for a beginner/intermediate player.

yeah..not sure why he said slash's stuff is easy. he may not shred but he plays really fast most of the time and does a ton of triplet runs throughout most of his stuff.

basically i see it like this...slashs's stuff is easy to learn in theory as its just pentatonic minor and major stuff...but its really hard to learn in practice because of what he does with the scales.

almost all his solos are for advnaced players except knocking on heavens door.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Thanks Now i feel really good about knowing sweet child of mine and garden of eden after 8 months.. or are those easy as well? hehe.. Well, anyways, the second solo of paradise city is ****ing shred. No doubt. i happen to hate shred, though, but even so, that solo is awesome.

Edit: Smells like teen spirit... i mean to add that, just forgot^^

Its real easy.
Last edited by guitarforever<3 at May 20, 2006,
show me how to live by audioslave, the whole thing is open high e string
if you can still hear yourself think, then it's not loud enough.
Quote by andrid
the solo to smells like teen spirit.

First solo i ever learned. I can play it at tempo 500 or something now lol
learn the solo for Lip Gloss And Black by Atreyu... its pretty easy cuz its mostly the A and D strings (Drop C tuning) and its played on higher frets so theres not a lot of movement... another easy one is the second solo on Beverly Hills by Weezer... its just played fast and with bends...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
First half of the No More Tears (Ozzy Osbourne) solo is easy, and it sounds awesome.