One of the most persistent problem that i am facing is that ,i tend to play all the songs in the same rythm.....when i try to play some other song in the starting the rythm is ok but when i start to sing i lose the specific rythm and play the rythm in which i am fluent in.this darn thing happens all the time.......so as a result i was kicked of my ametuer band......please someone help me....its driving me nuts............
If you can't play and sing at the same time then you're not ready for a a band (at least for the role of singing and playing anyway).

It comes easier with time. I havn't mastered this either but I find by practising slowly at first helps than just going straight to full tempo. Pay attention to what strums your voice changes note to and practice it in small chunks (i.e. get the first verse down fairly decent then the next etc.)
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Last edited by PurpleMonkeyDW at May 19, 2006,
Record the guitar, then record the vocals and listen to it a bunch of times, pretty soon you'll start to really feel the music when your playing because you'll realize how the vocals and the guitar fits together.

That works for me. Otherwise the best bet is just to practice.
Quote by PurpleMonkeyDW
If you can't play and sing at the same time then you're not ready for a a band (at least for the role of singing and playing anyway).

It comes easier with time. I havn't mastered this either but I find by practising slowly at first helps than just going straight to full tempo. Pay attention to what strums your voice changes note to and practice it in small chunks (i.e. get the first verse down fairly decent then the next etc.)

I think that is pretty uhh.. self-implied.

If you can't swim, you're not ready to go into the deep end.
Gear:
Black Ibanez RG170
Line 6 Spider II 112
Genius Mind