This is a thread only for and for any western australia ppl who want to start a band or jam with each other.

If there is any one interested in making a band or jammin with me.
Im 17 and have been playing for 2 years. I live in Coolbellup ,Its south of the river near adventure world.
Last edited by maddog26 at May 19, 2006,
nice~...i live in kardinya....im not sure on forming a band. Well im not such a good guitar player anyway. Anyway im in this guitar class in Fremantle Music Centre. So yea im improving. I'll pm you (maddog26) when im all bloody good
R.A.G.E.
Hey all, i live in Hamilton Hill,
I been plaing for about 2 years - but ive done classical guitar lessons for like 5 or 6.
The dudes at Fremantle Music Center are ****ing legends.
Anyone here play bass?? My band Genocide is looking for a bassist as our previous one went emo and gay.
please visit us and send a message if anyone is interested

www.myspace.com/genocidemetal666

Cheers and let the ****ing West Coast RULE!
My Gear:
Monterey 7 String w/ DiMarzio X2N7
B.C Rich KKV
La Patrie "Presentation" Classical guitar
Jackon JS20 Dinky
Ashton GA 80

Digitech Whammy
Boss Chorus Ensemble
Boss Heavy Metal
Boss NS - 2 Noise Suppressor
Yo. I'm in success, down south west of armadale. i've been playing guitar for 4 years now. started with acoustic (of course) and got my current BC Rich Warlock beginning of last year. i can say i'm fairly good. I'm in a "band" at the moment, but it only consists of me, another guitarist and a singer (who is mostly into dashboard confessionals type stuff), but i dont mind getting into another band ~.o

and just so you know how skilled (or crap) i am, i can play "nothing else matters" through it's entirety ('cept for the solo, havent had time), most of trivium's songs from ascendancy pretty well, couple other songs from the likes of lamb of god, bullet for my valentine, as i lay dying, killswitch engage, chimaira, so i guess i can consider myself up to par with a good player. i've also written some riffs for what could be a song. if you're interested, keep in touch

email: jcgsampaio@gmail.com, miata_man05@yahoo.com
yahoo messenger: miata_man05

cheers!
Yeah this thread rocks. I'm from Kwinana and I recently broke up with my band, making my username kinda useless . The guys at Freo music centre are great, I dont go to any other music store.
I dont really know how good I am at guitar, I'm not really a shred kinda guy, I tend to play with a more bluesy styling.
I listen to pretty much everything and have been interested in forming a hard rock/progressive/psychedelic band. I am also friends with a drummer and a bass player who are interested in the same.
Quote by TBC Guitarist
Yeah this thread rocks. I'm from Kwinana and I recently broke up with my band, making my username kinda useless . The guys at Freo music centre are great, I dont go to any other music store.
I dont really know how good I am at guitar, I'm not really a shred kinda guy, I tend to play with a more bluesy styling.
I listen to pretty much everything and have been interested in forming a hard rock/progressive/psychedelic band. I am also friends with a drummer and a bass player who are interested in the same.

Dude...i can't shred...the latest song i learnt was Master of Puppets. Everypart of the song except...yes Kirk Hammet's solo.

Nice avatar anyway. I assumed u went to watch The Strokes last year
R.A.G.E.
Yeah I could probably play Metallica stuff, but I dont think I'm really talented enough to do any Yngwie stuff or something.

Thanks bout the avatar, but its actually Bob Dylan, my brother messed with a pic of him in photoshop. I dont mind the strokes though.
yeah, im also form bunbury, i play metalcore stuff-As i lay dying, lamb of god etc. iv onyl been playin for a year, but if anyone that lives down south wants to jam...
Quote by happytimeharry
Man, I would challenge their band to a duel, not a musical one though. I'm talking maces and swords and shit.
Quote by TBC Guitarist
Yeah I could probably play Metallica stuff, but I dont think I'm really talented enough to do any Yngwie stuff or something.

Thanks bout the avatar, but its actually Bob Dylan, my brother messed with a pic of him in photoshop. I dont mind the strokes though.

sorry dude...i really thought it was Albert Hammond Jr.

(Invalid img)
R.A.G.E.
Any vocalists or bass players near Fremantle? We need one of each for a progressive / Thrash band. If interested, conctact us at www.myspace.com/genocidemetal666

Peace.
My Gear:
Monterey 7 String w/ DiMarzio X2N7
B.C Rich KKV
La Patrie "Presentation" Classical guitar
Jackon JS20 Dinky
Ashton GA 80

Digitech Whammy
Boss Chorus Ensemble
Boss Heavy Metal
Boss NS - 2 Noise Suppressor
Im in rockingham (rocko rocks!) been playin for about a year. i cant play many songs as i mostly just play my own stuff, see what sounds good.
im in a "band" (if u can call it that) but nothing is happening so its not really a band.
intrests: metallica, led zeppelin, pete murray, just about anything other than scremo/emo etc.
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
yay! some west aussies thank the lord jesus christ and seven dwavres! any who back to the subject... I've been playin guitar for a bout a year. Need someone to just jam with or join band or something, playin to myself sort of sucks. i live in Rockingham so anyone from here (or mandurah and kwinana would be close enough i think,) that wants to get into anything like that would be kool. Influences...hm...Escape the fate, Lostprophets, Bullet for my valentine, AFI, Taking back sunday, all that stuff ya know, metal/emo (i know Taking back sunday doesn't fit into that catagorey but there again, do they even have a catagorey?) So yeah, anyone interested send me a PM or contact me on msn, scartissue1990@hotmail.com. Oh BTW i'm 16 forgot to mention (as if ya couldnt tell by my taste in music :p)
Thanks
I'm 16 and reside in Geraldton, WA. I've been playing rhythm and lead guitar for 3 years now and I'm looking for members to form a heavily Lamb of God influenced (except saturated with shredding solos) progressive metal band with hints of bands such as early Pantera, Metallica, Testament and Slayer. I know of a potential drummer and bassist, but I'm really in need of a second rhythm/lead guitarist to play along side of. I don't care for any vocals; I'm quite happy to go instrumental for the time being because that's where I wan't most of the emphasis (although if you play bass and can do credible vocals (preferrably Phil Anselmo style) that's a bonus).
Quote by Sanctuarythrash
I'm 16 and reside in Geraldton, WA. I've been playing rhythm and lead guitar for 3 years now and I'm looking for members to form a heavily Lamb of God influenced (except saturated with shredding solos) progressive metal band with hints of bands such as early Pantera, Metallica, Testament and Slayer. I know of a potential drummer and bassist, but I'm really in need of a second rhythm/lead guitarist to play along side of. I don't care for any vocals; I'm quite happy to go instrumental for the time being because that's where I wan't most of the emphasis (although if you play bass and can do credible vocals (preferrably Phil Anselmo style) that's a bonus).

Man...Geraldton is too far from my place.
R.A.G.E.
Hey guys. Any of you know how much standard (probably reissue) Fender Jaguar would cost in AUS dollars? Is there such thing as standard Jaguar because I know I can't afford the vintage ones.
R.A.G.E.
Hey guys, just saw this thread after signing up. It'd be great if some we could organise a jam.

(also, 19yo, playing for ~8 months now.)
Perth band looking for an extremely dedicated and capeable drummer. At this point we have about 8 songs that are fully written (lyrics, solos, riffs, even some programmed drumming) all we need to start doing gigs is a drummer.

The sound is kind of hard to put a finger on, but I'd say Metalcore is pretty much the style we are, a lot of the time I hear Lamb of God/Killswitch combination styled riffing. Everyone in the band is ready to start gigging, and we are an extremely dedicated, cool bunch of guys. Just to sort of give an idea of what sort of level we are looking for, we need a drummer who is capable of intricate footwork patterns, fast double kick, and awesome fills, pretty standard metalcore drumming really.

If you're keen to come down for a listen, have a beer and a bash, or know anyone who might be keen, message me on 0408482223. We have our own sound proofed jam room located NoR, with a pearl drum kit so it saves bringing all your stuff down.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
hey, Perth melodic/ Hardcore punk band looking for experienced guitarist ready for gigging, must have own gear, transport, closer to the perth CBD the better, jam room in o'connor at the moment, with weekend jam space maybe in the swan valley, looking to be practicing three times a week, gigging in three months, looking to play oh snap, and gig the shit out of perth, before ideally going to UK for a month for touring and recording in november, must be serious with shit together
Guitarist and Bass Guitarist looking for drummer in Joondalup area. Aged 14-17 with space to play. Looking to cover bands such as nirvana, black sabbath, led zeppelin, metallica, pink floyd, megadeth, pantera, dream theater.
Hey all,

We (Reflections of Ruin) are searching for a replacement as we have parted ways with our current drummer.

We're a 5 piece metalcore outfit from Perth who formed late in 2010, and have since released a 5 track EP, had international air play, supported many amazing bands such as All Shall Perish and Northlane and we are currently getting ready to record a second film clip, and begin our debut albums pre-production. Our influences are in the vein of bands like August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying, Veil of Maya, All Shall Perish etc.

You can hear our music on facebook or Bandcamp
If you are interested in becoming part of the family, you need to:

Have your own transport and license
Be able to jam AT LEAST once a week
Have a good set of equipment
Be willing to pitch in for band expenses
Be dedicated to the band; touring is on the horizon and this means spending a lot of time away from home.
Above all else you need to be a good drummer with creative input, and a sick dude to hang with.

If you think you've got what it takes hit us an e-mail at reflectruin@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you! Cheers!
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!