This is mainly directed at the US heads here:

Has anyone actually heard of her?

I was reading the NME and, i quote, "in The US, Lady Sov is tipped as the future of Hiphop".

Now Im from london, and have known of her for ages, and would definately NOT call her the future of hip hop. I wouldnt even call her 'the next 6 seconds of hip hop.

am i missing something here? is she really that big in the states?

It says she will be collaborating with the beasties (please dont tarnish your reps boys) and the neptunes AND she signed to def-jam???

im really confused here, because there are so many better uk options that should be breaking the states

i just wanna know if anyone appreciates her chavvy musings, and if so, why?

Peace out
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by FunkasPuck
Now Im from london, and have known of her for ages, and would definately NOT call her the future of hip hop. I wouldnt even call her 'the next 6 seconds of hip hop.

You're really not the only one. Its just the NME and its stupid ways.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
True, it said in the same issue that pete doherty was the 2nd most inspiring rock icon of all time, but if shes signed to def jam and the beasties wanna work with her then she must be making some waves in the US.

I just wanted to know if the yanks had turned crazy
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Theres a strange attraction that comes with Lady S.

I cant put my finger on it though, maybe its because she's a dirty chippy slag.

And there allways fun.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
I remember reading an article in Spin (groan) about the UK "Grime Rap" scene and she had a little thing on her there. Then months later I see her all over the place, and fraknly I'm not impressed by her stuff.
Don't be derivative. Explore...