Whenever I bend it I get a sharp pain. All of my other fingers are easy to bend and move, but my index of my fretting hand hurts. I get a sharp/sore pain and it affects my changing of chords, etc. Wondered what it might be?
Ye i get it too, not that often though. i thought i was gettng electric shock mabye, dno tho.......mabye see a doctor
Are you letting the tip of your finger bend like a banana if you know what I mean... If you are doing that, you are making your self susceptible to the most common type of guitar injury next to tendonitis.

Your finger tips should come strait down, unless you are doing chords... When doing chords you should only using on finger barred if you can and then us the tips of all the other fingers, no matter what a teacher tells you. Most teachers haven't toured or recorded before and have no idea what they are teaching you. After extended period of time that twitching may turn into a pain which wont go away, so let it rest.
so silentdud i take it you'v toured and recorded and know what you talking about?
j/k your totaly right!
J. MASCIS IS GOD!

Quote by Arthur Curry
Take E. You'll be a dancing fool in no time.

EDIT: Seriously.
My guitar was giving me little shocks so i just changed the wiring and it hasn't happened since
Quote by silentdud
Are you letting the tip of your finger bend like a banana if you know what I mean... If you are doing that, you are making your self susceptible to the most common type of guitar injury next to tendonitis.

I'm having this problem because I've been practicing a solo where I have to hold down high E and B on the 12th fret (pretty common position), and since it's on the edge of the neck, it's allow my finger to hyper-extend. Weird thing is I've been playing guitar for about 15 years and I've never had this pain (and I've had my finger in that position a million times, obviously). I guess I've just been over playing? And probably pressing too hard.
Last edited by 5RV at Aug 11, 2008,
Forgot to mention, this started about 4 days ago. I didn't play for 3 days, but the pain is still there. How long does it usually take to feel better? Should I not play for like a week?
Quote by 5RV
I guess I've just been over playing? And probably pressing too hard.

Thats my bet. I would'nt play for a day or two, and, if you haven't, check for some calouses peeling. Your calouses can peel too much and show layers of epidermis (aka the first layer of skin) that have peeled to far and went into the not-dead areas of your skin.
Quote by EddieRhoads
Thats my bet. I would'nt play for a day or two, and, if you haven't, check for some calouses peeling. Your calouses can peel too much and show layers of epidermis (aka the first layer of skin) that have peeled to far and went into the not-dead areas of your skin.

My finger tips are all good - it's the last/top joint in my index finger that hurts. Kinda feels like a stretched ligament or tendon. The pain is not severe but it's definitely noticable.
did you hit your finger somewheres?
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
be careful and take it easy, see if your pressing too hard or something
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.