So I was at Ital Melodie(canadian music store) the other day playing on guitars I could never hope to afford when something caught my eye. That's right, a Kevin Bond Rhoads...for only 1200$! That's around 950$ USD.
And the moment you've all been waiting for: guitar pr0n (please not that these images are horribly resized and barely do the guitar justice)

Unlike other Rhoads, this one is made of mahogany, which is surprising considering how lightweight it is. The ebony fretboard is awesome and this thing just SINGS
The SD pickup it comes with stock is pretty high output (I'm guessing) and goes great with the mahogany. Sounds 10000000000x better than my JS30 Dinky
I've only had it for barely a whole day, so I can't say much more about it other than I love it.

EDIT: I heard alot of people complain about the pentagram inlays, but they look SO much better in person, just an FYI.
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
No one said sig guitars are bad. Generally, they're just much more expensive (new) than their «equivalent» model.

But in this case, you got an awesome deal on a beautiful guitar. Good deal. I've only been to Ital Melodie a couple of times, and they always seem to have really interesting **** in there.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
that thing is just awesome!

Quote by samlynch
All players = good
Famous players = exxelent
Frusciante = God
Thats teh sex, congrats
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Looks great, I'm sure it sounds just as well nice buy dude
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
^ To be honest, I didn't even know who Kevin Bond was until after the guitar was home with me All I told myself at the shop was: "Whoever this Kevin Bond is, he has great tastes in guitars"
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
^So? What's your point? I play SRV on my giutar with its EMG's, floating trem, killswitch and all. Its far out.
That's not my style of guitar (actually I play a jackson at band practice) but it's pretty damn sexy. I'd just replace the pentagrams with something else.
Gear:
Black Ibanez RG170
Line 6 Spider II 112
Genius Mind
Quote by LP_Junior
Cool for metal, but you'll strange looks in a blues jam

I don't usually play blues, but just to see the look on people's faces when I do with this guitar, I think I might
Kinda the same effect as playing a Children of Bodom riff with a Hello Kitty guitar
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
It's too heavy metal for my taste but other than that it looks like a great guitar. Congrats
Quote by Crunchmeister
«equivalent»

Man are you using a french keyboard? I hate those damn things! Especially how where theres normally a question mark, theres a accented e (é.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Wait...so its sort of a sig of a sig, since the ''Rhoads'' is signature of Randys, but its a kevin bond......

That makes my head spin.

Nice guitar, not fond of the inlays though
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Wait...so its sort of a sig of a sig, since the ''Rhoads'' is signature of Randys, but its a kevin bond......

That makes my head spin.

Rhoads is just the body shape.
Quote by Zofar
Rhoads is just the body shape.

No sh!t, really?!11oneone

Duh, and wasnt it established by Rhoads.....
Quote by Johnnyboy66
No sh!t, really?!11oneone

Duh, and wasnt it established by Rhoads.....

So under this logic, the Les Paul is a signature - There's alot of signature of signature guitars out there then
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
So under this logic, the Les Paul is a signature - There's alot of signature of signature guitars out there then

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Les Paul series started off as a signature model, and expanded later on due to popularity of the base model.

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

^ That's basicly(sp?) what happened/is happening for the JEM and Satriani guitars. Also the japanese ESP RV models.
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
Quote by ar73m
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Les Paul series started off as a signature model, and expanded later on due to popularity of the base model.

Then it shouldn't be so confusing
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Johnnyboy66

That makes my head spin.

Why? Pentagrams aren't satanic. They're symbols from ancient earth-worshipping religions.
Quote by Holy Katana
Why? Pentagrams aren't satanic. They're symbols from ancient earth-worshipping religions.

What? Where did I say this...

I dont like them, I dont have to. I dont like them because I think they detract from the beauty of the guitar, I have nothing against a pentagram...
I think it looks really gay, its lacks any elegance.

[/asshhole]

Meh.
BOLD.
Quote by ar73m

Do you not know who Les Paul was? Read this.
Anyway, that's exactly what happened. He was a popular guitarist at the time who wanted a solid-bodied version of the Gibson ES-135.

Rhoads body shapes are much more sensible (and better looking) than the traditional Gibson V, I think.

EDIT: Hell, that's going in my sig.
Do you not know who Les Paul was? Read this.
Anyway, that's exactly what happened. He was a popular guitarist at the time who wanted a solid-bodied version of the Gibson ES-135.

I know who he is, just never cared enough about him to read up his bio or his guitars :p

The Rhoades models look good but i think they are to small. i persoanlly need somethign a littlew bigger. As i am 6'0" and 200lbs. The rhoades just dont cut it i like the old style Gibson Vs Best and the Old stlye Gibson Explorers
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
howcome you guys dont like the inlays?.,..i find the thing really original and cool looking compared to your standard dot or sharkfin and other inlays
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut