It showed up today as the splash page of the Gibson site, so I guess it must be new. How about it? Are those pickups (490 and 498, if I remember right) crappier than the Burstbucker?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
me i think its a piece of **** and proof that gibson is going down the drain

Why? It seems they wanted to offer something lighter so you can haul it around all night, so it is a bit tinier than other LPs and it has different pickups. But they still offer the ordinary Standard if you want a real Les. Should I not consider it?
It's essentially a Les Paul Classic with a different paint job geared towards chicks. Why is it a piece of shìt? In my experience, Les Pauls in the 7.5 to 8.5 lb range are the most tonally desireably anyway, compared to the 9-10 lb average weight of most Les Pauls. A lightweight body is an asset if you ask me.

And the 49x pickups are good. They're not as hot as BUrstbuckers can be, but they're not bad either. Just different.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
dont forget they changed the knob layout and bridge so it doesnt remind you of anything a les paul should be
Well, it's a little simplified and there are definately better bridges than a wraparound.

I think this is more to do so that they can get away with selling it cheaper. If they made it the same as their other more expensive LPs, people would be buying up these lower end models like nuts because I can almost guarantee that they sound better than the average Standard or Custom. These Gibson marketing guys are smart. They know how to market their guitars.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
They're way to girly if you ask me.

I rather lug around a regular LP than be seen with a light, bright pink or purple chick LP.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I wouldn't mind owning one if it because of its color. Not because i like it so bad, but i'd wager it'd feel good holding something feminine in your hands.
the purple is baddass but i would never buy one. What about the LP GT?? Looks alright cosmetically but im not sure how it would compare to a standard.