So over the weekend I fell in love with the LTD Jeff Hanneman model and purchased it, but just now I'm realizing that when i shred, I knock the volume knob back, and it gradually loses sound, is there any way to tighten it? Or a different solution, I'm really not sure, I love how it plays but when I play I can't help kicking that thing back, what do you suggest?
I used to have that problem with all my Fender Strats. The volume knob was always in the way. Once simple (although not cosmetically pleasing) solution is to remove the knob and let the pot shaft by itself. Not the best solution, but it does work.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I'm not sure if it would work, but its just an idea.
On the push/pull volume knobs, you could set it up so when its flat against the body, its not hooked up to anything and doesnt function as a volume, and then when pulled up, its hooked up to the pickups and works.
Just an idea you may want to run through a more experienced guitar tech.

Ive just done what Crunchmeister said, but it was on a Squier strat that i wasnt too worried about the looks of.
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
When you play and it pulls back you could use your right-hand-pinky to oush it back while you play. It takes a little getting used to, but it works fine.
yeah like some others have said, my friend had the same problem and just took off all his knobs
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
SGloser Kid, how much would that set a guy back? That seems like a not bad idea, I'd definately go for that.
Quote by Loomis-Amott
That seems like a not bad idea

the wording on that confused me for a second...

but anyways... how bout the greatest invention of all time...second to none. not even fire, metal, or the zipper is a better invention then this. we're talking about the greatest thing man has ever ran across in the history of the world ever.

Duct Tape.
^ +1

Main solution is to try not shredding anymore
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Haha, duct tape will be my final solution if nothing else works, I sorta already thought of that.
Quote by Loomis-Amott
Haha, duct tape will be my final solution if nothing else works, I sorta already thought of that.

Git 'R' Done.
I put speed knobs on my old strat. I don't hit them so easily anymore. I dunno why just worked for me. Try it if you can.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Before you go doing all the push/pull stuff, do you do any middle volumes, or is it all 10 or 0, because if so, you could just put a killswitch in place of the volume and save some confusing wiring problems.
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
Well from reading the description of that push/pull thing, it looked like when pulled it WOULD be a killswitch, so completely useless for this guy...but maybe i've got the wrong end of the stick
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Its pretty much all 10 or 0. I never have any problems when playing rhythm, but when i start soloing you can hear it starting to lose balls, and then i have to turn it up cuz its at about 2. How would you go about putting in this killswitch?