So I'm trying to learn this song with an A that really sounds like a barre chord, is there such chords? If so, post 'em here, please.
Dude, you gotta learn the names of the notes on the fifth and sixth string and you'll learn the names of the barchords in a couple of weeks. The A chord is (top to bottom) 577655
Yeah I got busted so I used my one phonecall to dedicate a song for you on the radio - Jens Lekman
Quote by Jonte_T
Dude, you gotta learn the names of the notes on the fifth and sixth string and you'll learn the names of the barchords in a couple of weeks. The A chord is (top to bottom) 577655

Ok, thanks for the help and the tip. That chord sounds perfect by the way.
Quote by Bryan52803
Don't forget the 5th string inversion!
Bry

I don't know what that means.
There are two barre inversions of the A chord, just like every other note. 6th string, and 5th string. The 6th string (the biggest, low E) was listed above:

(high)
E 5
B 5
G 6
D 7
A 7
E 5
(low)

The fifth string (2nd biggest, A string) inversion is what I listed above, another barre-chord version of A:

(high)
E 12
B 14
G 14
D 14
A 12
E X
(low)

The low E is muted and the chord shape is as follows. These two shapes are the same for every other chord, you just move up and down the neck changing the root note. The root note of the the 6th string inversion is on the 6th string (low). The fifth note on the 6th string is A. to play G, you would use the same pattern but "barre"ing the 3rd fret, because the 3rd fret on the 6th string is G.

For the 5th string inversion it's the same thing, except the root note is on the 5th string (the A string). As you hopefully know, the 12th fret is the same as the string when you play it open, thus to play the A version of the 5th string barre chord, we'd go to the 12th fret since it's the A string. If you wanted to do G, G on the 5th string is on the 10th fret, therefore moving the same shape to the 10th fret would produce the G chord.

Hope that clears up some confusion. Post anymore questions you have

Bry