So yeah i've been playing alot lately and the tips of my fingers have become really sore. I think all i have to do is stop playing for a while, but i just dont want to lol, i want to keep playing, so do you guys know anything else that would help the soreness in my fingers besides time off of the guitar?
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
a small dab of crazy glue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I usually just wait a bit and my fingers don't hurt anymore. Maybe take a couple hours off and see if they feel better. Or wait overnight.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Dude just keep playing the tips of your fingers will get harder ans stronger, ignore the pain thats what i did when i started to play.
how so sore? like ache or just the skin is too thin and strings kinda cutting it?
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
well its just when i try to do bends and slides. Strings feel like they're cutting into my fingers.
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
If your fingers aren't blistering or bleeding you have a long way to go before you have to stop!! Keep playing it will only help....What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
No one dies as a virgin. Life f***s us all
awesome thanks for the help guys
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
It's just like if you start working out. You are working something that's not used to being worked. Play through it and it won't happen anymore. Bends will especially eat you up. I was practicing some bend licks recently and lost the whole callus on my ring finger.
dont worry, its best to make the "pain era" go away faster is if you practice on accoustic. It hurts maybe more but it goes away faster and your fingers start to get all the stronger.

Play play play !!!
Just keep playing, your fingers will harden in a few days at most. Just make sure you don't overplay - cracked skin is ok, but if blood shows, you're really taking it too far.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
If you can wait overnight, it'll be a lot better the next day. Calluses are your body's way of protecting itself against certain... uh, pressures (?), and developing them really helps
Quote by Windfire
Dude just keep playing the tips of your fingers will get harder ans stronger, ignore the pain thats what i did when i started to play.

same here. my arm hurt for along time because of playing but i just took the pain
Quote by S!lent-Feel!ng
forget about pain. thats what i did.

i do the same thing and just play
Keep playing pain doesn't matter the more your finger rip the stronger they get and the strong the calluos on your finger gets. I'm at the point where the calluos's on my fingers are so strong that I can put my finger tips on my stove top at high and it doesn't hurt for about 10 seconds, I would't recommend everyone going to try this though LOL. My arm gets sore sometimes too when I do too much whammy action but then I'm like oh well more whammy.
lol or you tap on your desk insanely fast, and your right hand goes all lumpy and the tapping on the desk sounds "Muddy" lol i love callus
Quote by stratster23
I can put my finger tips on my stove top at high and it doesn't hurt for about 10 seconds, I would't recommend everyone going to try this though.

dont try this at home kids.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
When I was developing my calluses the first time, I put Asorbine Jr. on the tips of my finger and let it soak in then keep playing. The seceond time I had to develop them(after I had been put in the hospital with lung problems and a broken arm) I knew what to expect and went with it and kept playing. They hurt like crap when they're developing, but they help alot in the long run. Especially when you go to knock people's doors and your hands are dry, no need to use your fist, just use the tips of your chording hands. Works for me.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.