Quote by godofshred
single 50 watts and has a few less features
dual is 100
triple is 150

Seriously that's the only difference?
The single rectifier solo 50: it has a slightly brighter rockish tone (as these are rather dark amps in general), as well as only 2 channels.
50 watts

The dual rectifier: 3 channels and all that stuff, 100 watts.

The triple rectifier: prettymuch like the dual rectifier but it has 150 watts, over kill for prettymuch everyone.

and theres also the rectoverb which I think is basically a single rectifier with reverb, it also comes in combo form

edit: and the Roadking, which is supposed to be the top of Mesa's lineup of heads I believe, a badass amp
Last edited by seljer at May 19, 2006,
^ the dual rectifiers have tube and solid state rectification as well too, right....

...but whats the third type of rectifier in the triple rect's?
Quote by Gutch220
^ the dual rectifiers have tube and solid state rectification as well too, right....

...but whats the third type of rectifier in the triple rect's?

I think its just the name, silly marketing stuff
I think they were originally named after the number of rectifier tubes. I think the original series of single had 1 rectifier tube, the dual has 2 rectifier tubes, and the triple has 3.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by seljer

edit: and the Roadking, which is supposed to be the top of Mesa's lineup of heads I believe, a badass amp

you sir, are 10000% correct
Roadkings are incredibally bad ass. But cost more than my soul. Some dual rectos are 2 channels. Make sure you get the Dual Rectifier Solo head not the other ones. You don't need a triple rectifier unless you want to go deaf
single recto has one diode rectifier in it (as far as the actual rectifiers go)

the dual has two different kinds of diode ones

and the tripple has two different diods (same as dual), plus a tube one.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Surely wrong, from everything i have ever heard, the single has diode, the dual has diode/tube and the triple has diode/tube. Most people prefer diode, if your buying a recto, your buying the gain, and you will probably want the tighter sound of a diode rectifier. I have a rectoverb combo with the diode rectifier, it kills.
well i know the tripple has three. it could be that the dual has a diode and a tube.

and the tripple has a diode and two different tubes for two different tube rectification.
or two different diods or w/e. i'd e-mail mesa.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile