Page 1 of 6
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Anyone see the preview for VH1's new show Super Group. They paired up Sebastian Bach (skid row), Scott Ian (anthrax), Ted Nugent (the NUGE!!!), that fat guy who was on Oz and married Tera Patrick is playing bass, and I forgot who the drummer was.

They have a few weeks to make a hit record while staying in Las Vegas. The show looks pretty funny actually. Bach still hits the bottle pretty hard these days, and they showed him having some moments of drunken excellence. I'll be watching when this comes on... which I think is next week.
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Yeah I saw something about it, I might check it out. I wonder if Bach can still sing so well.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Quote by PooKoo
i believe jason bonhams the drummer.

and after the dimebag thing, i hate nugent, but ah well, shuold be sad but funny.

Is it really Bonham? Now I feel like a dick for not remembering that.

And you're gonna have to fill me in... what happened with Nuge and Dime?
PooKoo
UG Spammer
662 IQ
Nuge completely trashed dime and pantera AFTER dimes death, saying all sorts of **** about how he doesnt get how bands drink and how someone would name themselves after a "life destroying product"

i mean, opinions are one thing, but when someone dies, especially so recently, you try not to make them so tastless.

And dont worry, its jason bonham, he looks like a biker, it doesnt matter. Good drummer though, i've heard him on some zep stuff.
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
I am so watching this. BTW the bassist is Evan Seinfield from Biohazard.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Quote by PooKoo
Nuge completely trashed dime and pantera AFTER dimes death, saying all sorts of **** about how he doesnt get how bands drink and how someone would name themselves after a "life destroying product"

i mean, opinions are one thing, but when someone dies, especially so recently, you try not to make them so tastless.

And dont worry, its jason bonham, he looks like a biker, it doesnt matter. Good drummer though, i've heard him on some zep stuff.

Damn, I didnt know about that. I've always liked Nuge's music, but I've never agreed with his anti-drug/alcohol views. He does get waay too over opinionated and preachy when it comes to that stuff. It's like he's the godfather of all these emo straight-edged little f*ckers today.
PooKoo
UG Spammer
662 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Damn, I didnt know about that. I've always liked Nuge's music, but I've never agreed with his anti-drug/alcohol views. He does get waay too over opinionated and preachy when it comes to that stuff. It's like he's the godfather of all these emo straight-edged little f*ckers today.

amen.

Some great music though.

nuge, that is, not straight edge.
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
You got me thinking now..

I remember seeing the MTV Cribs with Nugent on there. He gave a tour of his house and in his basement he had dozens of assorted dead animals stuffed and posed. Then he proudly showed off his collection of hunting bows.... which he has hundreds of it looked like.

So he really does have a lot of nerve criticizing other people's vices, as if he doesnt have any. He's always bragging about how he likes to hunt and kill animals. He's clearly addicted to killing living things, which I think is far more destructive than a bottle of jack or a dimebag. Infact, it's probably the worst vice I can think of (short of killing people). What a douchebag.
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
hmm...I might check that out. it could be interesting. might be good, might be bad...i don't know. I haven't heard any of jason bonham's stuff or any of the nuge's playing recently, let alone pretty much anything recent from the rest of this motley crew.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
You got me thinking now..

I remember seeing the MTV Cribs with Nugent on there. He gave a tour of his house and in his basement he had dozens of assorted dead animals stuffed and posed. Then he proudly showed off his collection of hunting bows.... which he has hundreds of it looked like.

So he really does have a lot of nerve criticizing other people's vices, as if he doesnt have any. He's always bragging about how he likes to hunt and kill animals. He's clearly addicted to killing living things, which I think is far more destructive than a bottle of jack or a dimebag. Infact, it's probably the worst vice I can think of (short of killing people). What a douchebag.

he is a hunter, a genuine hick. im a hick and i hunt. its just something he enjoys, and he has been doing it so long, that he has amassed a giant collection of wall mounted animals. there is nothing wrong with hunting for food. which im sure he does seeing his views on the world. but he still owns
Last edited by curtis loew at May 19, 2006,
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Dime liked smoking weed.

Ted's in no place to criticize.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Quote by curtis loew
he is a huner, a genuine hick. im a hick and i hunt. its just something he enjoys, and he has been doing it so long, that he has amassed a giant collection of wall mounted animals. there is nothing wrong with hunting for food. which im sure he does seeing his views on the world. but he still owns

Riiiiiiiiiiight.....

I'm sure he hunts for his own food. Not to hang the corpse trophies on his wall or anything like that. But strictly to eat and survive. It's clear that this man would starve to death if he didnt go out and kill some deer. I mean, if the hunt goes wrong he might have to ask his gorgeous trophy wife to go into the kitchen of his mansion and make him some actual dinner.

Spare me the excuses, man. He is a grade-A dickhead who criticizes people for drinking and smoking pot, while he kills innocent animals so he can hang their bodies on his wall. Being a redneck may explain his actions, but they do not excuse them.

I'm no animal acitivist or anything like that. And if that's what Nugent choses to do with his life, then fine. He is a grown man who can make his own conscious decisions. But he should also recognize that he is in no place to put down other people for their life decisions. Especially one who recently passed away and was so well loved and respected.

edit: i was so angered at curtis_loew's post that I replied without reading the rest of the thread. Apoc's reply above mine says everything I was trying to say. So basically, yeah, I agree with Apoc. I just tend to type a lot sometimes
Last edited by SuburbanCowboy at May 19, 2006,
scheck006
202 IQ
sebastian bach? I thought it was dave mustaine, but i just saw the last few seconds of that commercial. dang. I was all psyched
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
Riiiiiiiiiiight.....

I'm sure he hunts for his own food. Not to hang the corpse trophies on his wall or anything like that. But strictly to eat and survive. It's clear that this man would starve to death if he didnt go out and kill some deer. I mean, if the hunt goes wrong he might have to ask his gorgeous trophy wife to go into the kitchen of his mansion and make him some actual dinner.

Spare me the excuses, man. He is a grade-A dickhead who criticizes people for drinking and smoking pot, while he kills innocent animals so he can hang their bodies on his wall. Being a redneck may explain his actions, but they do not excuse them.

I'm no animal acitivist or anything like that. And if that's what Nugent choses to do with his life, then fine. He is a grown man who can make his own conscious decisions. But he should also recognize that he is in no place to put down other people for their life decisions. Especially one who recently passed away and was so well loved and respected.

edit: i was so angered at curtis_loew's post that I replied without reading the rest of the thread. Apoc's reply above mine says everything I was trying to say. So basically, yeah, I agree with Apoc. I just tend to type a lot sometimes

i know he is a jerk, maybe he just enjoys eating meat instead of stuff that he bought
Erc
UG's ultimate asshole
670 IQ
while he kills innocent animals so he can hang their bodies on his wall

Animals do not have a conscience. Therefore animals can't be "innocent" nor "cruel." Their thought processes arn't advanced enough to questions their existantance, morals etc. They live simply to survive, and for something like us to eat or make sport of.

Save your bull**** for someplace else.

He's clearly addicted to killing living things, which I think is far more destructive than a bottle of jack or a dimebag. Infact, it's probably the worst vice I can think of (short of killing people).

On a side note, thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life. If I need to explain why...
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
^thank you
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Quote by SuburbanCowboy

Haha, short and sweet ftw.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Quote by Erc
Animals do not have a conscience. Therefore animals can't be "innocent" nor "cruel." Their thought processes arn't advanced enough to questions their existantance, morals etc. They live simply to survive, and for something like us to eat or make sport of.

Save your bull**** for someplace else.

On a side note, thats one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in my life. If I need to explain why...

Uncle Ted?!?! Is that really you?!?!

This is f'n crazy! The NUGE himself is right here on our UG forum!!
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Well, I'll say I don't give a crap that Dime toked up and that Ted hunts. I hunt. And who cares if people do drugs?

If someone's addicted to some comepletely mind warping drug like heroin, then yeah, that's somthing to worry about. But weed, nah. Not as harmful, addicting, or expensive.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Gman400
UG's most handsome guy
1,619 IQ
Weeds okay with me, I don't do it personally though and probably never will (okay maybe a couple times,) but the Nuge is an ass to come out with something like that after his death. if he had said it TO him or at least while he was alive it wouldn't be such a big deal but that's just disrespectful, especially since Dime was more influential than he.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Definitely
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Erc
UG's ultimate asshole
670 IQ
Uncle Ted?!?! Is that really you?!?!

This is f'n crazy! The NUGE himself is right here on our UG forum!!

Wow being anti-bull**** makes me ted nugent? I'm flattered.
PooKoo
UG Spammer
662 IQ
hunting is something i personally couldnt care less about. If you wanna go kill **** go kill ****, **** animals.

Now hunting certain species that are endangered, or purely to say you killed it, is stupid, if you like the rush, then go shoot things, just dont overdue it. Same with drugs.

And guys, dont start arguing, i like you both too much to take sides.
Freepower
v It's Back! :D
3,277 IQ
Quote by Erc
Wow being anti-bull**** makes me ted nugent? I'm flattered.

*Grabs a big lead pipe, pulls on a bandana and stands beside erc.*

Damn straight.

You know, some parts of america, they really do hunt for food. No ****. And some of them enjoy it. Great.

And honestly, alcohol is a million times worse than hunting. What kills more every year?

Now, deep sea trawling, where you throw away everything except cod, thats a ****ing disgrace, but going out, shooting a ****ing deer and mounting its head (great eating on a deer's head, if you've got a penchant for bone, antler and hair), well, honestly, thats better than being a ****ing battery cow eater. Better for the enviroment, better for the animal, and sure as **** better for Ted's health.
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
people don't hunt for food beecause they have to get meat that way...but they do hunt because meat you hunt can't normally be bought...so saying someone hunts for food isn't exactly a stupid thing to say..

deer for example...or many variances of deer...or beer...or quall (can buy it but its not cheap)...squirel...etc. etc.

i love deer meat...but i have to hunt if i want it.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
bonchie1
Offical Emo Hater
430 IQ
as for the show i saw some clips of it and it looks like ted gets into a few fights with the bassist about what music should be.

teds soloing and crap while the bassist wants super heavy metal powerchord stuff.

and for that i have to give ted the nod. i'm unfamiliar with what happened with ted and dimebag so i won't judge either on it.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
yeah.. I'm done arguing for now. I really dont like Nugent enough to get into arguments over him

Quote by bonchie1
as for the show i saw some clips of it and it looks like ted gets into a few fights with the bassist about what music should be.

teds soloing and crap while the bassist wants super heavy metal powerchord stuff.

and for that i have to give ted the nod. i'm unfamiliar with what happened with ted and dimebag so i won't judge either on it.

Yeah I saw some of that in the preview. It looks like the bassist quits eventually. I think the band really could work too, since everyone in it can hold their own. But Nugent seems highly out of place. Without him, they could be writing really heavy songs that would sound great with Bach. They probably only picked Nuge cause they know he'd bring some drama to the show.

They also showed on the preview that the bassist wants to name the band "Fist". Nugent had a problem with it obviously. But I kinda like it
apocalypse13
<3 Nile and Marty
686 IQ
Quote by bonchie1
people don't hunt for food beecause they have to get meat that way...but they do hunt because meat you hunt can't normally be bought...so saying someone hunts for food isn't exactly a stupid thing to say..

deer for example...or many variances of deer...or beer...or quall (can buy it but its not cheap)...squirel...etc. etc.

i love deer meat...but i have to hunt if i want it.

venison = pwn
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
they should of had zakk wylde play guitar along with scott ian
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
Jotun666
lVl e l o d i C
84 IQ
If Dime were still alive, him and Ian would be a perfect match, for some reason I just see chemistry between the two. And who the hell is Biohazard?
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
some band no one has heard of
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
^ obviously someone has heard of them or they wouldn't have been mentioned.

And anyway, this isn't a "should have had" or a "what it would be like if" situation. It's a specific set of guys who are attempting to have a shot at a "supergroup"(although we all know how the last "supergroup" Nuge was involved with went ). I don't know...if the Ted is still able to rock like he did back in the day, and the rest of the guys involved are able to rock with him, it should work out and maybe get a few albums worth. Otherwise, they'll suck it up completely and the whole project will deflate from under them and come crashing down like a lead zeppelin
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
curtis loew
I love acid.
1,449 IQ
yea, jason bonham on drums is going to own.
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
InSaynePig
defacing public servants
368 IQ
Quote by Jotun666
If Dime were still alive, him and Ian would be a perfect match, for some reason I just see chemistry between the two.

Well, they would have matching facial hair. And that goes a long way.

I might have to check this show out, as bad as it will probably be...
Green_Fox
bang!
71 IQ
it's pretty good, if you ask me. i saw the premiere several days ago.
i really couldn't stand sebastian after that top 40 "metal" songs show. he gets very annoying!!!!!
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Myrdinn
22 IQ
Oh god, why Ted? Nugent outside of one album and a cpl of songs and Detroit has never been regarded as a guitar hero or star of any form except maybe as a shill for the NRA. Heh, I remember seeing him headlining with AC/DC opening in the 70s. AC/DC got booed off the stage and over half the audience was laughing at Ted. It was probably the worst concert I ever saw in that era.
SuburbanCowboy
Hear My Train A Comin'
2,782 IQ
Yeah, I thought Nugent was a dickhead before I saw the show. But damn, he is a bigger dickhead than I could've imagined. I've never heard someone more full of himself (except the Great Kat maybe). The show would be so much better without him. Between him and Bach, nobody else can even get a word in. I dont think Bonham has said more than 10 words so far.