Page 1 of 3
Mesa Stiletto, Dual rect, or Marshall JCM800

i would like a good (maybe dan donegan?) metal tone, a "slash" type sound, and a blues clean sound. which one?
Well if you want a Slash tone you should go with the JCM800 just get a good pedal to dirty it up for metal sound. You can do like Zakk Wylde does and put an Overdrive pedal on the dirty channel.
i meant all in one of those amps. Not much diversity, but i could sacrifice one feature in order to get the rest....
From those 3 I would go for the stiletto if you want a usable clean AND metal tone AND rock tone. The jcm will do slash (not perfectly unless you get a jubilee model) and rock very well, the stiletto will be able to do rock and also probably has more gain for your other tastes (wont bother bashing you for saying disturbed are metal just COUGHnecrophagistpwnthemandmakeanadvancedcorpsetumoroutofdandonegansassCOUGH).

JCM cleans allegedly suck balls. Dual rect will get you the best distortion, then good useable cleans, and you can get an awesome liquidy lead tone (not actual slash tone though) that sounds good on gnr stuff. Can get the paradise city solo tone for instance, no problems.
The stilletto will get you the closest to slash's sound, even more so than the jcm800

You should go for the new Ace, the are absolutely superb and definately outperforms any modern marshall.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
The stilletto will get you the closest to slash's sound, even more so than the jcm800

You should go for the new Ace, the are absolutely superb and definately outperforms any modern marshall.

yeah dude.

IDK where the Dual Recto fits in there...? lol

but yeah, the Stilletos have a really nice vintage/hard rockish sound.
having only tried the JCM and the mesa, id say go for the jcm between those two..but its been said many a time that the stilletos are very versitle
Quote by 9956

JCM cleans allegedly suck balls.

where did you hear that? I think you've been mis-informed. I think someone confused reputation with reality, as in, someone kept hearing how good the crunch was and assumed the cleans couldn't hold there own...........anyhoo, I'd have to disagree with that statement.
Quote by 9956
JCM cleans allegedly suck balls.

your statement crumbled as soon as you used the word "allegedly".

you ass.
i get almost crystal clear cleans from the low input on my jcm800.

and thats with needing new tubes...

people just hear crap and repeat it like its fact. for blues rock and good cleans the jcm is the way to go. its got a great punchy blues tone if you crank the low input with alot of bass. and if you want to do metal just use an OD pedal and it'll do whatever you want and still have the great tube tone behind it.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
i have a dual recto i can get alot of those sounds i get a real nice blues sound by using the push setting on clean, channel 2 has a good classic rock tone in vintage real slashy if you kinda start all the nobs in the middle and twidle around till you get your slash tone, and channel 3 do i need to say anything about the bone crushing crunch from that monster
Quote by 9956
From those 3 I would go for the stiletto if you want a usable clean AND metal tone AND rock tone. The jcm will do slash (not perfectly unless you get a jubilee model) and rock very well, the stiletto will be able to do rock and also probably has more gain for your other tastes (wont bother bashing you for saying disturbed are metal just COUGHnecrophagistpwnthemandmakeanadvancedcorpsetumoroutofdandonegansassCOUGH).

JCM cleans allegedly suck balls. Dual rect will get you the best distortion, then good useable cleans, and you can get an awesome liquidy lead tone (not actual slash tone though) that sounds good on gnr stuff. Can get the paradise city solo tone for instance, no problems.

To begin with: You can get a perfect Slash tone out of a two cahnnel JCM800 (ive done that), even Slash has used bth JCM800's and Jubilees. ALso JCM cleans suck? No. With someEqing you can get great clean sounds and with osme reverb or chorus even better.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by 9956

ahhaha im not saying i like disturbed....but for some reason i just like his lead tone (in like 1% of all his songs i guess?)

thanx for the input. SO what is it? the jcm, still, or the dualrect?
stiletto ace.....played one today......ssat at it so long the owner came and told me twice the store was closing..........it pwns
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
im lookin for a stack tho, i was hoping somone would say stilleto deuce or sumthin.....
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
They have stiletto ace heads?

sure do, they look pretty sexy too. No more croc skin, just a plexi box.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
sure do, they look pretty sexy too. No more croc skin, just a plexi box.

Yeah.. I havent seen them butIknow the exist, I was just trying to relay that in a sarcastic manner to the threadstarter..
Quote by Supern00b
im lookin for a stack tho

[edit] sorry. but a Mesa FULL stack is overkill times a bunch. A halfstack is more reasonable.
rich-e-rich did
wait rich-e-rich just bought one of those pedals that played guitar for him...where he could just record stuff from records and play it with the pedal and look like he was playing
...oh yeah, a looping pedal
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
hey, this has been buggin me for a while... anyone know a trustworthy, legitemate site that sells mesa boogie products?
Quote by Gutch220
go to "dealers" and type in where you live..........

yeah dude, IDK if theres any sites ONLINE that sell them..

Besides E-Bay of course.
What's the difference between the series one and two in the stiletto serie?

Is the ace that much better?
And how much do they run? i dont see any used stiletto deuce, or trident, or ace on ebay.
Ill say it once again.. just once

MESA BOOGIE DO NOT ALLOW THEIR AMPLIFIERS TO BE SOLD BY STORES/COMPANIES ON THE INTERNET. Period. Th eonly places you'll get one are from ebay or from a local Mesa/Boogie dealer.
or www.gak.co.uk if you live in the uk pwnd
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Quote by Supern00b
o my lord. please tell me they ship to US.

look at those prices though
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Ill say it once again.. just once

MESA BOOGIE DO NOT ALLOW THEIR AMPLIFIERS TO BE SOLD BY STORES/COMPANIES ON THE INTERNET. Period. Th eonly places you'll get one are from ebay or from a local Mesa/Boogie dealer.

you forgot "end of story."

Mesa is a b1tch. lol
i would say stilletto...with a pedal it can do really heavey things...the cleans a very good...and with out a pedal on the dirty channel you can slash it up if you wish
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by powerage225
rich-e-rich did
wait rich-e-rich just bought one of those pedals that played guitar for him...where he could just record stuff from records and play it with the pedal and look like he was playing
...oh yeah, a looping pedal

Stillettos are very tweakable, while JCMs aren't as much, its a personal prefrence

what's wrong with looping pedals? when used correctly they can create music. Guitar playing is more than just strumming, use everything available. You're obviously not going to record your entire song and have the pedal play it back.
wait wait wait.....please, from now on, refer to the stilletto by its make, such as deuce, ace, etc. I'm mostly looking for input on heads not combos
Page 1 of 3