Hi there!! I'm new by the way.

I play guitar for more the one year and I'm very very good, I practice a lot and all that. But I have a problem: I'm Left-Handed, and I started learning guitar like a Right-Handed and I don't know what to do now.

Should I start-up again?

If someone has/had the same problem as me, let me know!!

Thanks!!
if you're good playing right handed, keep going
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
Dude, the world needs more elite left handed guitarists. Go lefty just to be bad ass. Or better yet do both.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
ah, yeah do both. hopefully a year in isn't too late.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Just do what feels natural.

Of course, changing now would mean starting all over again.

But it could mean some really funky tricks involving playing your guitar upside down!
i'm left handed and i've been playing right handed since i started a year or so ago. i find it easier. i'm more dextrous with my left hand which makes for easier fingering. the only problem was the i had to train my right hand to get used to holding a pick for an extended time (not hard at all) and be more precise in it's movements (i.e. strumming, which was kind of difficult).

it's all a matter of preference. if you like playing right handed, keep it up. if you feel like pulling a hendrix, go for it. or even if u feel like buying a whole new left handed guitar, do that too. try whatever you want to do out first though. the last thing you want to do is make a decision and regret it a month later.
GAS List:
Nothing
dude this isnt a bad thing at all

this is actually a good thing

some of the worlds greatest guitarists are lefthanded and play righthanded
why is this?its simple:

their left hand is more coordinated because their left handed......so by playing right handed their more coordinated hand is fretting........

im a righty but play lefty btw

and definantly dont start over
Quote by splice

their left hand is more coordinated because their left handed......so by playing right handed their more coordinated hand is fretting........

That's not really true, because then you have your picking to worry about, and also rhythm, since people tend to have an easier time staying in time with whatever hand they're more comfortable with.

But that aside, there's no reason to start over again if you're comfortable playing the way you do. There's also absolutely no reason to play both right and left, it will just slow your progress down.

However, if by now you're not feeling faily comfortable with the way you're playing, or if you find that you're having a lot of problems doing certain thing's then switching might be in your best interest.

But as I said, if you don't feel like you're having any difficulty where there shouldn't be any, don't switch. Besides, it's an absolute nightmare finding good lefty guitars. A nightmare.
im left handed and i think its better to play right-handed. ur left hand should be stronger so it would make sence to do all the harder stuff with that hand, not just holding a pick and going up and down.
Squirrel
All I can say is this:

If it works, DON'T **** WITH IT.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Justice_Fish
Hi there!! I'm new by the way.

I play guitar for more the one year and I'm very very good, I practice a lot and all that. But I have a problem: I'm Left-Handed, and I started learning guitar like a Right-Handed and I don't know what to do now.

Should I start-up again?

If someone has/had the same problem as me, let me know!!

Thanks!!

i have the same problem, but im left handed and right armed
Quote by unplugtheradio
sometimes people sig me, dont tell me, and i see it later. its a weird feeling.

he's bulletproof

Quote by IbanezPlayer27
There's Black Amish People that use computer's
Quote by Justice_Fish
I'm very very good

how modest

(im a lefty and i play lefty)
hey yer im left handed and i play right handed. Of course it was hard at the beginning; having to train up the right hand to do alternate picking or pinch harmonics etc.

But after a few months it was fine, and like someone else said before, using the weaker hand for picking allows the stronger left hand to fret.

I've been playin for a couple of years now and i do not regret playing the guitar the wrong way round lol