I'm not a paticuarly amazing guitarist, and my blues band are going to do jailhouse rock, because the song is quite cool and EVERYBODY knows it.

I was just wondering, and it's not that important so don't fell pressured or anything, if there was a way i could spice up the guitar part to it to make it more interestin for me?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Have a listen to Motley Crue's version from Girls, Girls, Girls. Maybe it'll give you a few ideas.
Just mess around with different things, maybe you will find something you like. You don't even have to play songs like the originals. Aerosmith took songs and added riffs that sounded nothing like the originals.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Stick cloves to your guitar and make it into a giant christingle. Alternatively, don't listen to me because at this particular point in time my point of view should probably be ignored. Hay, I wrote this post 20 minutes agp biut forgot to press post... IDIOT!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Alternatively...

Just pick a point in the song... Any point... Maybe before the last chorus...

And let every band member do their thing.

Go old school, and introduce each member.

Try to keep it among the general rhythm or tone of the song...
If you're not too sure, just play the central riff or progression slower, with a bend and some vibrato on it, like a good blues number.

But just have fun.

Throw in an audience shout out like Cab Calloway used to do!

And then go back to the song.
Last edited by StaggHound at May 19, 2006,
I should poin t out, i may have been down playing my talents. I am a compitent player and im not just stuck with the minor pentatonic susually i wouldn't ask for hepl with tihis kind of thing.

But..this song i like it ...it just seems dry (i don't mean that it's simple, that never bothers me) it's just..not going anywher...i can't really explain it..but yaeh.

Im not that bad

Ill probably read you kind folkd replys properly in the late afternoon when i get back from recording (for free, yus, overdubbing a sax part to the song in my sig) I am very tired right now it is 2 in the morning here, so yeah

If i'mnot mkaing sense, sorryy
You mean, there's no build up in the song? Like, it's repetitive, and doesn't have a definitive climax?
Quote by StaggHound
You mean, there's no build up in the song? Like, it's repetitive, and doesn't have a definitive climax?

you know the song right,i thought everyone had heard hailhouse rock?

well it's a twleve bar(obviosuly, i's rock'n'roll)

there verse takes place of the the first I chords the chorus takes place over the rest of the twelve ar if you see what i mean. That's it.

But usally simplicity dones't bother me. I mean I geraly spice up my solos but, at least halfour songs are all twelve bars...i don't know why this one seems so fun to listen to but dull to play
So yeah... It's repetitive.

I'd say... Throw crap in there whenever. No reason you can't have a Jazz Odyssey after a chorus and before a verse, or between a verse and a chorus.
yeah, or mabye something we can get audience to join in with. we don't ahve alot of that.

but yes im going to bed for now a fun an amazing 5 and a half hours sleep or me, woo!
Listen to Jeff Beck's version with Rod Stewart! I strongly recommend it, such an awesome cover.
Ok, I will

*illegal*
Let me know if it's what you're looking for, I always thought it was a pretty rockin' version.
Hmm, yeah that is quite nice.

I never thought of anything like half time, might incororporate something like that. Make it te song to finish our set.

And do that whole "and on keys tonight we had blah blah blah"

hmm, definaley soemthign to tink about , thanks.