I don't know my keys and stuff, so I was wondering what he sings, because I have his same keys.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Songs are in different keys... unless they use the exact same chords in the exact same way, and that would be boring.
I know, but what different keys does he play in, do you have any Idea?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Just find out what the last note of the song you are looking at is. That's the key.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
It's less the last note, more the last chord.

If it's an A, it could be A major or minor -- think about it.
The key is usually (but not always) the first note. Seether typically tunes their guitars to drop d flat, if that's what you mean.
Quote by Doubleday
Just find out what the last note of the song you are looking at is. That's the key.

That's not always true.
Quote by iAmCam
That's not always true.

Agreed, What if the song had a chord with an F# but the progression ended on C? It's not in the key of C, its in the key of G. You should learn key signitures. It isn't that hard.
Quote by Evian
Agreed, What if the song had a chord with an F# but the progression ended on C? It's not in the key of C, its in the key of G. You should learn key signitures. It isn't that hard.

In the world of chromaticism, F# and Bb are incredibly common in the key of C. To think "oh, it's got these many sharps, it must be in this key" is flat out foolish.

Without a written score, 99.999% (or more), the last root tone will be the key tone, and if the goddamned thing sounds minor it's minor, if it sounds major it's major.

Ed: which is to say, his advice is fairly sound.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Quote by Corwinoid
... is flat out foolish.

flat out foolish...

Anyway, Corwinoid is right as usual. And to the original poster, I think what you're probably looking for is his RANGE, not 'key'. Almost anybody can sing in any key, but it's a matter of timbre and range of the singer, and easy of playability on the instruments that usually decides the key.

And there's a lot to cor saying it 'sounding major' or 'sounding minor', as there are a lot of songs in minor keys that do a bit of a 180 for the very end and make the final cadence end on a major (for example, the case with A - and ending of Fmaj, Dmin, Amaj for a song where the rest was in A minor). It would be silly to say the song was in A if it was in A minor other than the last chord.