Has anyone seen the vid for it from the song remains the same?

Anyone notice how he switches between from what looks to be like a Gibson Les Paul studio... to his Les Paul Standard?

I found this strange, because there is literally no break between the music, and its like he never stopped playing?!?!?! is this possible? or is it some kind of edit?

PS... has anyone one ever tabbed this bad boy out?
There is a break in the guitar, about 10 seconds before you see him come back on with the 2nd guitar
only 10 second break i saw there, was when jimmy was doing the solo... and even that... we was still using it at the end of solo, and the beginning rythem part after that... the time you actually see him change guitars, is when the camera pans, and you see the studio disappear, and the standard shows up, and he literally changes guitars in like a split second... really weird...
Ah, I thought you meant when he was switching to the red, not back, that is pretty f*cked up, maybe it is an edit but doesn't really seem possible, the weird thing is that when he is doing that weird effect with the amp, the neck on the studio keeps switching from yellow to red because of the lighting, but there are definitely two different distinct guitars and that swap is really strange
sorry to say, but the red guitar your thinking of is a standard that was repainted..
Originally posted by HateEternal
the neck was slow like a grandfather who had just been ass raped. Horrible guitar.
Quote by JIMMYPAGEJR
sorry to say, but the red guitar your thinking of is a standard that was repainted..

So what are you saying? That he stripped the red paint off while playing guitar on stage? He's not a magician. They are two seperate guitars, you already see him switch to the red one, and then obviously he switched back.
i also noticed that while they perform stairway to heaven on the song remain the same....when page is playing the 12-string neck, during the 12-string part of the song, the camera changes for a split second and his fretting hand is on the 6-string neck even though its the 12-string part and 1 second before and 1 second after his hand is back on the 12 string neck....weird
It could be because they combined separate tapes from 2 different nights when filming at Madison Square Garden
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Well that would make a lot of sense, since everything is the same, the clothes, the stage setup, if that's true then that clears everything up pretty well
Haha, just watching it again because I forget I had it, at the start of "since I've been loving you" it is showing his fret hand movements up close, completely out of synch to the audio, obviously they didn't get a great shot of that the first time, or something went wrong, so they used the other night's
I always though that Song Remains the Same sucked. I like the new DVD they made. Not How the West Was Won, but the other one with the cliffs and desert.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
I always though that Song Remains the Same sucked. I like the new DVD they made. Not How the West Was Won, but the other one with the cliffs and desert.

you need to watch it stoned to fully appreciate it
http://www.simplyled.net/thegardentapes.html - the garden tapes.

that website explains how they edited all of the live zeppelin material, very interesting. your answers will probably be on that page
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
The gig on disk one of the recent double DVD is absolutely amazing.

I was talking to my tutor at college and he was telling me when he was a student he saw Led Zep (on the Led Zep II tour), Black Sabbath (on the Paranoid tour), Deep Purple (on the In Rock tour) among others. I could have killed him.
Quote by rubberbullets
you need to watch it stoned to fully appreciate it

One thing, drugs are gay, second thing, the quality sucked on it, as you guys are talking about, they made some queer edits that made it really confusing looking, and lastly, that wasn't their best night at all.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by la bamba
It could be because they combined separate tapes from 2 different nights when filming at Madison Square Garden

That is correct. I wondered that when I first saw it, and I read about it, and found that they combined shots from 2 different nights. That's why his clothes change, too.