Page 1 of 2
Alright, this was inspired by the Lucid Dreams thread. Since we're now in the mood for talking about this kind of stuff, I was wondering if anyone has any cool stories to share regarding their dreams.

I've got one that's haunted me for many years. When I was young (probably around 6-8) I had this scary ass dream. I was basically in a grocery store walking through the aisles with my mom, doing some shopping. So we get to this one aisle and all of a sudden everything goes dark. All the lights are gone, everyone's gone, even my mom's gone. So I'm standing there staring down a dark aisle when all of a sudden I see a circle of light, and there stands the scariest girl I've ever seen in my life. Picture the little girl from The Ring except 100x scarier with bloody constantly pouring from where her eyes SHOULD be. She's in a bright white dress but most of her face is shaded. She also had long black hair. So I'm standing there in total awe, frozen. I can't move or look the other way. And all of a sudden she jolts her head up looks at me and lets out a wail like from a banshee and blood starts gurgling out of her mouth and onto the floor.

This is when I wake up convulsing like crazy, I couldn't stop for at least 10 seconds. I thought I was having a seizure or something, heh.

Yea so, this was pretty scary. About 10 or so years later I had totally forgotten about that dream, then all of a sudden, one night, guess what? I'm dreaming and I'm in what appears to be a grocery store. I should have known what was coming (again) but for some reason I didn't. Then I am in an aisle, and it happens (this is when I remember the nightmare from when I was young). Everything goes completely dark and I see the circle of light, which atop she stands.

No need to repeat. She wailed, I woke up convulsing again. I hate that bitch. I've had plenty more scary dreams but this one is probably the coolest to share.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of horror so it wasn't too bad, infact, very cool! I love having nightmares. It's like living in a horror film except even if you die, you'll wake up alive.

Share your stories! They don't necessarily have to be scary.

*edited to include some more info.
Last edited by Archaon at May 19, 2006,
Quote by Mr. Walrus
i have scary sex dreams.....

lol, how so? You're about to go down on a chick when you look down to realize your penis is gone and the chick has a 6 incher?
Quote by madbasslover
sleep paralysis. once a month. enough said.

Never knew sleep paralysis had a schedule :P
That's cool.
Quote by Archaon
lol, how so? You're about to go down on a chick when you look down to realize your penis is gone and the chick has a 6 incher?

200 pound albino.....that scary
you may not awake though.

People have been known to die in their dreams.

Divers especially...they dream about being underwater and start drowning but the body thnks you actualy drowning and your body shuts down.

Also sometimes if you fall off a high place and actually hit the bottom then it is also a possibility you may die

Sorry if this dosnt make any sense to anyone but it does to me...Im actually pritty pissed
I can't ever remember too many dreams after I wake up, but I do remember one from when I was three. I know it sounds odd that I would remember a dream that early on, but I do. It was when we were living in Terre Haute and in the dream was just playing in the house and these people busted in the door. It seemed like they were mafia or some type of people like that. But they wanted to steal our v.c.r., lol. So they tied me up and my sister protested and they proceeded to flush her down the toilet. While I'm tied up, there was this good looking blonde lady with them that told me everything was going to be alright, while the men just kept screaming at me. That's all I can remember. I probably only remember it because it was such a weird dream. I could possibly be off by a year or so, but no earlier than four years old because I wouldn't have lived in that house around that time.
one time, i had this dream where my dad was driving this old pickup truck, and i was in the passenger seat. well, we're driving along and this dog is on the side of the road. we were going really fast and this dog (which happened to have red eyes and was on fire) was keeping up with us. eventually, i somehow was out of the car and was running, and the dog lunged at me. luckily, however, i somehow magically entered this really huge nice nice house. it was pretty much a small mansion. anywho, i'm walking around in the living room of this house, when i hear someone yell "I HATE PHONES!!!!!" now, as odd as this was, i decided to turn around and see who it was who had said it, it was my older brother, and he started to scream at me and he had a huge-ass butcher knife. he chased me and then he eventually cornered me, and was about to stab me when i woke up.

weird as hell, but it scared me ****less.

tossup

(yo, yo, yo)
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
all my nightmares are in the same place, the corner flats in my road...scary as poo poo, zombies surrounding you
Quote by face_the_fear
you may not awake though.

People have been known to die in their dreams.

Divers especially...they dream about being underwater and start drowning but the body thnks you actualy drowning and your body shuts down.

Also sometimes if you fall off a high place and actually hit the bottom then it is also a possibility you may die

Sorry if this dosnt make any sense to anyone but it does to me...Im actually pritty pissed

Oh, well, I guess that adds to the adrenaline of staying alive in my dreams then.
I've drowned and fallen off cliffs/balconies on tall buildings (and dying) before but I've always turned out fine so, I'm sure I'll be okay.

So is anyone else going to actually share a story? Beside the guy who ****ed a 200 pound albino chick? (although that was both funny and scary)
Let's see...

I once had a dream that I was like 2 ft tall and I was trapped by those baby guards that people put at the top and bottom of stairs to keep babies from committing suicide. Inside with me were a whole bunch of gremlins/honeycomb cereal animals attacking me. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to get away.

Last night, I only remember a vague portion of the dream I had, but I had a pet horse and some asshole killed it. On purpose. Just to be an ass. I was so angry, I spent the entire dream trying to kill him, but he kept getting away. It was very frustrating.
I have also fell off buildings and cliffs and you actually feel what it feels like to fall off high places but I have never hit the ground

The scariest dream I ever had was when I was about 6 or 7. Basically there was a huge castle right near my house and robots controled it and the robots could do whatever they wanted. mainly they could blow up buildings if they didnt like it which really scared me and I was very scared for months because I kep't dreaming the same dream for months.
Quote by Archaon
Never knew sleep paralysis had a schedule :P
That's cool.

it doesn't, but it used to be a recurring thing for me. it would always happen at least once a month. and actually, even though it sounds cool, back when it was happening to me, it was terrible. i actually gained a phobia of the sound of static from it because i would always be in the middle of a normal dream, and suddenly all sound would be drowned out by loud radio static coming from nowhere, and then i would wake up in
sleep paralysis. i would generally hear loud, distant noises, and if i managed to get my eyes open, i would see severed body parts floating around in the air, and the walls would be squirming like they were made of giant worms. so no, it wasn't cool. i fell asleep after a test in math class one time, and that happened to me. it sucked.
Quote by madbasslover
i would generally hear loud, distant noises, and if i managed to get my eyes open, i would see severed body parts floating around in the air, and the walls would be squirming like they were made of giant worms. so no, it wasn't cool. i fell asleep after a test in math class one time, and that happened to me. it sucked.

Dang, that's some messed up ****! Cheers on a good tale.
thats intresting,
ive awaken paralised a few times before but didnt actually opened my eyes, i could move my feet so i kept moving it agains the other trying to "wake myself up", i woke after a minute, scared to death ¬¬

something weird that happens to me like, i start feeling like, something is trying to take me away, like, its a lucid thing, as if i was going but i allways manage to wake up before anything else "happens", this was not once but its not frequent, WEEEIRRRDDD, i **** myself just to think of it happening
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
These were actually quite scary as a 7-9 year old:

I've had this one on 3 occasions. The same thing happens all the time. Well anyways.
So I'm out on my street doing whatever, then all of a sudden I look up the street, and theres this mountain with some old guy being running down being chased by a cheetah which is followed by a massive boulder rolling down. So I run inside and tell everyone and then the cheetah comes to my front porch and just stays there. I've even thrown cartons of ice cream from my parents bedroom window on the 2nd floor of my house at it. Then it usually just climbs up a tree across the street.

And I've had this once. So I'm just outside, everythings nice, nice day, you know, a plain good day. Then all of a sudden just masses of different kinds of bugs start invading and stuff and there just everywhere. There outside, there in my house, in the street, everywhere. So then my sister and me go in the driveway and everyone else is dead and my sister has some bug repelent and theres a giant preying mantis(sp?) coming towards us. So it eats my sister in one bite and then starts for me. Thats when I ran inside and started spraying at it cause I picked up the can of bug repelent when my sister got eaten. The I wake up.
When I was young, I forgot how long ago, I had a dream that I just remembered while reading this thread.

I'm on the flat roof of a building in the city somewhere and I was cleaning the roof (I think that's what I was doing) and then the wind began blowing stronger and stronger. then I began to hold a metal bar that was standing up vertically on the middle of the roof to keep myself from falling off the side. No matter how much I held the metal bar, the wind was just getting stronger and stronger and then, my hands got weak and I had to let go. I then fell off the side of the building. I fell to the ground which seemed to be so far away from the roof and I smashed my head on the pavement. I couldn't move I just kept looking up at the sky and the place where I had fallen from. I heard an ambulance coming but then I died before the ambulence even stopped.

Also I used to frequently have a dream where I am at my grandmother's house and there is a little white stool with a rectangular surface upon which a person would stand. In the dream I am balancing on the stool (standing) and I begin to lose balance and then I fall down backwards. When I hit the ground In my dream, in real life, I thrash in the air for a second like a hypnic jerk or myoclonic jerk as it's called.
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
im not sure if i was dreaming or what, but one night in bed everthing became crystallized and was pyschadelic colors and i couldnt move or see out of my left eye, which is weird, because i have good eyesight. however, if i moved my eyes up, then it was normal colored and i could breathe easier. but it always went back to weird colors and stuff. then after about ten minutes off that i could move again and i ran downstairs to my mother and sister and told them i couldnt see, so they laughed at me. then i looked in the mirror and my left eye was a little further out than my right eye. it was freaky
i've had a number of weird and scary dreams. my family being hacked to bits by a friend of mine with a chainsaw, me living in a space station on mars possessed by satan, me sailing on a desolate, inclement, and dark purple sea on a small wooden boat in the dark of night, me being murdered by satan and being unable to scream, me and some people who don't exist being trapped inside a labyrinthine pyramid with no floor in the center lit by blue-fire torches, showing up to school on orgy day and suddenly finding myself in hell, and spending my entire dream journeying through it trying to escape, only to find myself where i was at before, me crawling through thick, wax-like brown mud and sinking into the floor, speaking of a cave in that would kill my friends as soon as i finished sinking, stuff like that.

the one i remember most, though, was when i was attending a school that was a massive, foreboding castle made of slick, uneven stone bricks, sitting in the middle of a massive bog. the only way to get to the entrance was to go on a narrow wooden bridge. there were many of these, and the fog surrounding the area was so thick that all i could see of my classmates on the closest bridge to my own were their dark silhouettes. the inside of the castle was like a regular school, though. anyways, my classmates and i were throwing a "first day of school" party and they took a picture with me in it. well, the picture had a ghost in it. so, i began to investigate the ghost in the picture. the massive, open cafeteria, which was made of dark, rotted looking wood, had a maze of connected wooden catwalks suspended from the ceiling. a hunch told me i had to get up on those catwalks, so i did. i found my way up there, and i was walking, about 50 or 60 feet above the actual area where everyone was eating, and saw a locker in the corner of the room. i opened it up, and saw a bunch of information in it about a student who had died. apparently, after he had been killed, they had moved his locker, with everything in there, up here. this was suspicious, and sparked more investigation from me. in the end, i ended up finding a sealed room on the roof of the castle lined with caskets of the students the school had murdered. their names were engraved on the caskets, and on the few that were empty, i found the names of myself and my friends engraved. i put two and two together and realized my friends and i would be murdered and stored up here, and some time later, i woke up. i forget what happened after that point.
Last edited by madbasslover at May 19, 2006,
When I was about... 7 years old I guess, I used to have this really really odd dream all the time that lasted until I was about 10. It consisted of me being chased over these hills by some weird witch-type lady. I would run from her for what felt like forever and eventually I would see a well and then when I ran up to the well, the lady would grab me and start tickling me! I was tickled to death! The weirdest thing is, I could actually FEEL it. I would wake up and my back would do these strange convulsions that hurt/tickled.
reading all this and relating to thigs happened to me

almost everyone can actually "feel" the dream, this is the weirdest thing ever, how can you feel something that its suposed to be happening only in your mind,

1 our mind is so strong that it can do thing we dont even imagine
2 (im kinda neo-pagan guy) our spirit actually goes out and awakes while we sleep but we still conected to it so we can feel and see everything we are doing but we are not doing it

weeeirddd !!!!
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
in this one recurring dream i have been having lately im on a trampoline in my living room with my friends and our musical instruments. When all of a sudden Cookie monster from sesame street comes out of nowhere with a guitar with this awesome solo. When hes done my friend says "That sucked" thats when cookie monster freaks out and goes all pete townshend on him hitting him with the guitar and whatnot.
When my friend is knocked out on the ground cookie monster proceeds to tear off and eat my friends limbs and skin until there is nothing but a bloody corpse left.
After that we continue jamming with cookie monster like nothing had happened. Until Dora the explorer bombs my house to celebrate Mexican independence day.

It scares the Shi t out ofme every time
Last edited by lalalama2 at May 19, 2006,
About 3 days ago i had one of the most memorable dreams I've had in a long time. I beat some kid (I have no idea who) to the groud with a blue left-handed Telecaster. How amazingly random.

The best dreams are flying dreams. Supposedly not many people have them, but when you do it's the greatest rush you'll ever get.
lulz
dude, i just remembered this, but i had a song come to me in a dream. all i remember was that i was in what i thought was dallas texas (ive never been there in my life, but whatever) and i heard this song playing, and i woke up, and wrote it down.

too bad it's not that great a song though.

does anyone else get "dream songs"?
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
I think I've told this story on UG once, but here it goes again.

I had a weird experience with a dream a while back.

In my dream, it was Halloween. I was the one handing out candy to all the little kids. Soon, the doorbell rang and I opened it. There was this, well I think it was a kid. He had black clothing covering his whole body, including his face. He didn't say anything. He just stood there. That's when I woke up. It was about 3 in the a.m. I had this strange feeling in my stomache. Crazy stuff.

EDIT:^ Oh yeah man I've gotten dream songs before. It's awesome too! The bad thing is I can never remember the song.
Quote by <><
Oh, King'sXfan590! Is there anything you won't say?

There, now you can quote me and put me in your sig.
Last edited by King'sXfan590 at May 19, 2006,
Lol, some funny dreams.

I've only had a couple, but from about the age of 10 till 13 I had a recurring dream once a year, though slightly different each time. I was at some camp and there was this girl I liked...that's all I remember. I know I suck.

One from when I was little was I was in a huge mansion and my family members and friends were all standing around the balconys and hallways and rooms and suddenly they all transformed into famous horror characters. Frankenstein, Dracula, Zombies, the likes. I ran for the door and as I felt an arm on my shoulder I awoke.

my only other one was really scary. I'm brushing my teeth (scary enough in itself) when the lights go out and all of a sudden I can barely make out a face in the mirror. I lean forward to see if it's me or what and all of a sudden I realize it's like the girl from the Exorcist kinda. Maybe that was inspired from Bloody Mary or whatever that thing is.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I remember a recurring dream I had when I was quite young, scared the **** out of me.

Anyways, the whole is extremely confused in my mind. The setting is this massive and imposing waterfront/warehouse area. Huge, identical warehouses and a small pier. It's pouring rain and there's an awful storm. Everything is pretty much dark grey to black. I'm on a small raft tied just off the waterfront, which is shaking like mad, and there's SOMETHING, something horrible, in the water trying to get at me. And I spend the whole thing, hanging on for dear life until I wake up, scared ****less.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Anybody ever have that dream where you wake up (in your dream) and you're the last person on earth.

Now THAT is some freaky stuff.
Quote by <><
Oh, King'sXfan590! Is there anything you won't say?

There, now you can quote me and put me in your sig.
one time i dreamed i was a gummi bear and people were trying to eat me
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Oh I just thought of another strange dream that I used to have. In the dream, my cousin and I are at some beach and we are swimming around in the water when all of a sudden a group of sharks swim up and eat us both. We both respawn on the beach, look at each other in shock, and then run back out into the water. We get eaten again, and we respawn again, but this time we are laughing. We think that it's FUN. So basically this happens over and over again until I wake up. Pretty strange.

I recently went through a phase where I didn't dream (or maybe I just couldn't remember them) but it lasted for about 2 months. I've started dreaming again though, thank god. I really missed it. I've also been trying to have a lucid dream, but I haven't been able to yet.
this actually scared the **** out of me.

when i was around 7 or 8, i would have this dream whenever i got a fever. some tweedle bugs from sesame street were walking along a whit picket fence with a black backround. then theres a slide (by now i would know what was coming and be scared to the point where i felt like throwing up). so theres a slide and then a really big tweedle bug slides down it and when he hits the bottom i wake up and cant breathe und undergoes some wierd panic attack. then i see things all different like i will look at someone and then they will change and look all grotesque and skinny like they just came out of Auschwist.

i had this dream like a month ago and i was still scared.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

i sometimes have a dream where im just randomely standing in the ocean, about a mile out from shore, except im in maybe 2 feet of water, and right next to me is the huge tsunami maybe about 1000 feet high and its getting ready to crash on me, then i wake up. yay
So anyone know why we all get these scary recurring dreams around the 6 to 8 years mark?
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
When I was little I had this bizzare dream my parents had scheduled to like blow me (well sort of...it basically turned everythign into nothing, painfully) up and destroy me along with a good chunk of the world. However ridiculous the premise, it scared the crap out of me and I can still remember it vividly. I even remember in it I was walking with my mom and we passed a leaf and I asked her if that would be destroyed to and she said it would...

And then the obvious nude in public dreams terrify me.

I also used to have a lot of violent/fighting dreams, some inner signal of a darker nature.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
I had one last year. The devil was in my room, just looking at me, then a person jumped in through my window with swords. I made myself wake up right when that happend.

Another one i had, when i was about seven where i woke up and the aliens from the movie predetor were surrounding me. I don't know if i actually woke up or thought i woke up but it was insane.
I'm like that guy who single-handedly built the rocket & flew to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?
Quote by King'sXfan590
I think I've told this story on UG once, but here it goes again.

I had a weird experience with a dream a while back.

In my dream, it was Halloween. I was the one handing out candy to all the little kids. Soon, the doorbell rang and I opened it. There was this, well I think it was a kid. He had black clothing covering his whole body, including his face. He didn't say anything. He just stood there. That's when I woke up. It was about 3 in the a.m. I had this strange feeling in my stomache. Crazy stuff.

EDIT:^ Oh yeah man I've gotten dream songs before. It's awesome too! The bad thing is I can never remember the song.

dude, i wouldnt be able to go back to sleep id be to scared. 3 am is supposed to be the witching hour (christ rose into heaven on 3 pm on the 3rd day) its the exact opposite.

good luck it that happens again.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

when i was 7 or so I had this one dream that i still remeber to this day it freaked me out so much back then but know i look at it differently so hear it goes .

I was walk throught this tonel and all of a suden the tunel goes completely dark except for this awful firey glow comeing from behind me and then i relized that it was comeing closer and closer and thats when i started to run but no matter how fast i run i can't get away from this thing behind me and then at the end of the dream it get's so close to me that i see it's face it's some sort of animal with horns but it's on fire and the eye's are the shade of red i can't explan there so different.

I've never had this dream again and I hope i never do but if i ever do i'm going to let it catch me so i can get a better look at it
DAYTRIPPER14
I had these dreams when i was about eight, they lasted until i was 10. there was a dripping faucet, 2 dalmatians, a patch of grass and a million large bass drums. somthing about that dream freaked me out.
My cool sig is cool and I suck at guitar.
Page 1 of 2