I just got really into these guys after playing the albums We Stand Alone, Scratch the Surface, and Blood, Sweat, & No Tears over and over again. I noticed that the early stuff was more punk, and they got heavier as they went on. Also, did anyone hear about what they did on the new album? They like separated each track into a few to stop internet piracy. Any thoughts on them?
Quote by Combat
i highly dislike this band. just my opinion.

seconded. I understand that they're pioneers, but they just don't do it for me.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Sick of it all is tight stuff, i havn't heard the new album tho.
Pink the Punk : Trust me, don't shower or shave or anything for a week then go out on the pull with a loincloth and half a dead mammoth over your should. You won't be short of chicks that night

thats why he's the hardcore mod
They're damn good, put on a great live show too. If by the new album you mean Outakes For The Outcast I still haven't heard it so can't comment, they do seem to have gotten heavier as time has gone on. Their original self-titled CD is amazing, 10 tracks 10 minutes.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
They're damn good, put on a great live show too. If by the new album you mean Outakes For The Outcast I still haven't heard it so can't comment, they do seem to have gotten heavier as time has gone on. Their original self-titled CD is amazing, 10 tracks 10 minutes.

The new album is called Death To Tyrants, and it sounds pretty good from the samples, especially for the band being 20 years old.

Quote by casualtyvampire
i really enjoy the new album its sweet. allthough i havent heard much of their old stuff.

not sure bout the internet piracy thingy cos when i downloaded it all the tracks were fine.

Well my guitar teacher went on tour with Roger Miret & the Disasters, and their sound guy is the same one as Sick of It All's. He showed my guitar teacher his promo copy of the new album, and he told him about the separation. Someone probably just put the files together and put that on Limewire or whatever.
in the underrrrrrrrrrrrgrooooounnnndddddd. yes, sick of it all are really damn good. when i saw them this year, they were so ****ing good, especially as they've been going 20 years.
rites of nothing.
SOIA have gotten heavier over the years, kinda like Agnostic Front, not a bad thing just something different. I really like the new album, and although I love the band they are really only good in small doses.
worst.
if i cut off your arms and legs
and wrap you in some fucked-up cocoon,
would you still look at me and say
"you can't catch what you can't see"
well i caught you honey,
like the clap sugar.
what do you think of that?
Love them. I saw them with DKM. Lots of energy.

I walked into my guidance counselers office with a SOIA shirt on and he told me about how he knows them and use to party with them and they asked him to play bass for them when they were starting, but he had to turn them down. I forget why, I think it was something like he just didnt want to be in a band.
I really really really love soia. I saw them live for the first time last week, best hardcore show ive ever been to.