When I started playing guitar, I used mediums, and thins, primarily. Then I noticed that alot of the "pros" use heavier picks. (or maybe not, one day i just decided to use heavies).

The other day I found one of my old thin picks, and played with it, and it actually felt alot better and I seemed to play better. The stuff I play consists of alot of fast picking and string skipping. I'm confused, I dunno what to use, so uh, what do you guys use? Do you switch between heavies/thins when playing?
thinner are easier for alternative picking I find, but they also produce a weaker sound, so I don't really use thin or soft picks much
i use Dunlop Tortex 1.00 for every style, every song, electric or acoustic. You should use whatevers comfortable and works for you.
i use .73s. its all up to your preference.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Dunlop Ultex 0.73 and 1.00, or 2.00 stubbies for heavy rhythms.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Dunlop green tortex for electric and acoustic melody and lead.
Dunlop nylon .73's for rythym.
I like flexibility, but not much in rythym. In lead I prefer a semi thin, but rigid pick.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Depends what feels best to you. I've found that it takes longer then a day of trying out a pick to see your capabilities with it at full potential.

I used Dunlop Tortex (mostly fins) 1mm (blue) for a long time. I eventually switched up to Dunlop Big Stubby 3mm's now. For me, they're great for everything, from alt. picking to acoustic. There are definately a few extremely minors details that I would change about them but they work great for what I need them to do. I also use Big Stubby 2mm's. They don't seem make a drastic different but there is a difference.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
The ones that i use mainly

2.0mm delrin picks
1mm stubby picks
1 credit card pick (friggin sharp)

The delrin pick is very delicate, usually for leads.
The stubby gives a very heavy song, usually for rhythm for me

The credit card I use most, because its versatile.

Yes, i am a heavy pick guitar freak