I'm not talking about the MC5 or the Stooges, I'm talking about those garage bands and the like from the Nuggets boxset (when the first Nuggets compilation came out in I believe '73, that type of music was the first to be called "punk rock"). I know that alot of compilations featuring similar bands of the 60s were actually called "punk rock" before The Ramones formed.
that stuff on the nuggets set is awesome... i thought it was refered to as garage rock
Apparently at the time "punk rock" was the term, when '77 stuff came around is I hear when it was changed to garage rock. Definitely check out the cover of The Sonics "Psycho" by The Swamp Rats, if it was played faster it'd really sound like a punk song.

Mark Prindle (the guy who runs a amateur record review and interviews lots of famous punks) wrote that The Zakary Thaks "Bad Girl" was hardcore punk with no/little distortion.
It's some of my favorite music. Check out the Kingsmen they released all their own records in like 1959! DIY!
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Yeah I love 60's garage punk and psych bands. Especially The Monks, man they are quality. I especially dig the organ sound.

I wanna get a Nuggets boxset but they're so damn expensive. Instead I just have the individual compliation cd's.
I have the first nuggets on vinyl. I think i read somewhere the stuff on the cd boxset is different songs than in the original albums.
The Nuggets boxset has three other CDs of material. The "original" Nuggets vinyl is still there in the form of the first CD.
hey pinheadslts...the club u made is awesome...no joke.

well, sixties punk is ok. the music is good despite the $hitty quality
Hey, I liked The Who and The Kinks very much..
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
I like alot of it, but I hate the hit-or-miss nature of the songs.
It seems like you get one song that's a real rocker and the next song is a lullaby.

Or, you get a band like 13th Floor Elevators, where the only song I like is "You're Gonna Miss Me" and the other songs are hippy-drippy psychedelia that have that annoying jug playing all over them.

That said.....
There are lots of 60s punk songs by LOVE that I like.
Quote by Pick It Up123

Yeah except I made it.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by johnnynemo
It seems like you get one song that's a real rocker and the next song is a lullaby.

Or, you get a band like 13th Floor Elevators, where the only song I like is "You're Gonna Miss Me" and the other songs are hippy-drippy psychedelia that have that annoying jug playing all over them.

That said.....

No kidding, I have alot of albums from the bands on Nuggets, and some of the more solid bands are, Amboy Dukes, Chocolate Watch Band, and The Seeds. Alot of the others, are pretty much just bands with a catchy song.
SIZE]
Quote by johnnynemo

That said.....

Im gonna stab you.
I'd rather be stabbed than have to listen to sh*tty jug music.

Also, check out Them and the Shadows Of Knight.
They are jug free and proud to be.

To Scummer: Hard to believe that a loser like Ted Nugent was in the Amboy Dukes, performed the song "Journey To The Center Of Your Mind" and yet never did drugs, innit?
Quote by johnnynemo
I'd rather be stabbed than have to listen to sh*tty jug music.

Also, check out Them and the Shadows Of Knight.
They are jug free and proud to be.

To Scummer: Hard to believe that a loser like Ted Nugent was in the Amboy Dukes, performed the song "Journey To The Center Of Your Mind" and yet never did drugs, innit?

ted nugent is the biggest **** sucker on the western hemisphere, god damn that guy bothers me.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Yeah, I really hate that redneck loser, as well.

He makes me wanna pretend to be one of those sick Make-A-Wish kids, so I can go hunting with him.
Then I'd have Dick Cheney waiting in the bushes to shoot him in his ugly inbred face.
On the Garagepunk forums someone posted a video of a group called The Sir Douglas Quintet and it actually has the people moving around! I've always had this view of those 60s garage groups as always smiling and standing stiff.
Quote by ChuChuX6
On the Garagepunk forums someone posted a video of a group called The Sir Douglas Quintet and it actually has the people moving around! I've always had this view of those 60s garage groups as always smiling and standing stiff.

Was it She's About A Mover??? I would love to see that video!
SIZE]
Quote by Pick It Up123

Yeah, that's why it says "pm Johnnynapalm to join".