This is what I\\\'ve got so far, and I\\\'m kinda stuck on how I should go with this from here. Any ideas would be appreciated, and of course crits on what I currently have

Its basically lots of solo stuff, it has some tapping, string skipping, arpeggios, among other things. It includes bass, drums and those choir \\\"ahhh\\\" things.

Hope you enjoy

Update 1:

- Added some fade in pinch harmonics before the first lead part and the tapping section, though its still kinda sudden.
- Harmonized the tapping part of the solo
- Added more to the general song, 2 more mini solos.
- The last part right after the clean solo, I just improvised some minor pentatonics and such, and didnt tab anythign out for it just yet. You can do that to get an idea of how that will sound like.
Attachments:
Legacy (2).zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at May 20, 2006,
I liked the intro a lot, I think you jumped into the first tapping section a little too fast though... You gotta love those choir "ahhh" things... From where you are now I'd move into a new theme, try writing a simple melody then beefing it up a little with some technical stuff or something, but just as long as you have a main theme that you can come back to later on and write variations and expand on. Tis a simple approach but I reckon it would work well with this piece, it kinda reminds me a little of Sonata Arctica's intrumental stuff, the only thing i didnt like about it was that tapping section, it felt like you kinda forced your way into it or something, it kinda came all of a sudden out of nowhere, maybe that's just me though, the tapping section actually reminded me of that Mr. Crowley solo...
sir do you have a software for mp3 to MIDI converter, cause im gonna use it for guitar pro
I think you need to continue this with a new melody and chord progression, whilst keeping the same feel of the song. Like, you could maybe transpose the rhythmic section setup with the bac-up distorted guitars, bass, and drums, and create a new melody for the solo guitar. But I liked wjat I did hear. The solo guitar did come in a little abruptly, maybe have a fade in high power chord in the measure before the soloing comes in the first time, and that should be enough. Overall, A-, Nice.

Crit mine? They're in my signature.
Thanks for the crits, im gonna let the lead part fade in or somehting with like a pinch or somehting, and im gonna work on this some more.

Id crit urs but my gp5 trial expired lol.

I liked all the various instruments you put in, the choir was great. But as someone else said, the transition seemed a little too fast, not necessarily a bad thing though. I really liked the rhythm and the overall feel of the song. It's quite unique!

Crit mine in the sig please?
Ok first update. This one includes:

- Added some fade in pinch harmonics before the first lead part and the tapping section, though its still kinda sudden.
- Harmonized the tapping part of the solo
- Added more to the general song, 2 more mini solos.
- The last part right after the clean solo, I just improvised some minor pentatonics and such, and didnt tab anythign out for it just yet. You can do that to get an idea of how that will sound like.

Link is in the first post.

Hey dude not bad. Not my thing but the lead is nice and the second movement is cool. I really did like the lead idea that starts at about a minute. I think if u slowed the drums down a little it would make the song flow better. The ending is to abrupt as well but overall it is a good composition.
A womans heart is a deep ocean of secrets

=
Yea its not finished yet, which is why the ending is abrubt. Im working on it when i can, i hope to finish it soon. Writing music is really tough ;p