I'm upgrading from a 15w solid state practice amp (which to be honest I've only used a couple of times, I didn't like it so I either practice unplugged or using wireless headphones from guitar rig 2 on my PC). I was thinking of getting the 50w vox valvetronix, but after hearing a tube amp compared to it decided I'll probably go the tube way and have a better tone with limited settings on the amp, then buy pedals. I already have the digitech crossroads clapton pedal, and I'm wondering whether using a digital pedal with a tube amp will cancel the effect of having a tube amp in the first place, or not really. Do you need analogue pedals to keep the improved sound of tubes, or with the digital pedals does it still sound like you are using a tube amp. thanks
Digital pedals will work. I have a Fender Hotrod Deville 410 and a Boss Digital Delay and it wounds fine
It will sound better for sure with digital effects.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Things like Chorus, Flange, Phase, Trem, Reverb, Delay, Rotary...etc. go in the effects loop. Things like distortion, overdrive, Wah, Volume, EQ...go inbetween your guitar and amp.

There are exceptions with some...

The Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP amps are all tube with built in effects...
hughes and kettner has an all driven tube amp with built in effects now too, also if you get a synth wah pedal dont put that in the loop that sounded bad, i learned my lesson tho
Quote by dertjoe
hughes and kettner has an all driven tube amp with built in effects now too, also if you get a synth wah pedal dont put that in the loop that sounded bad, i learned my lesson tho

Which H&K is it?
using digital effects in front of tube amps sound great. The sound is rounded overall by the valves in the amp making a very useable and desirable sound from your pedals.
Yeah, but where do you plug rackmounts like g-force, fireworx, and harmonizer etcc..... z//
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
As many tone junkies will say, a tube amp sounds best with as little stuff between the guitar and amp as possible.

Generally i like analogue pedals more, because they are usually of better quality as well as sound.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?