didn't really think this band was appropiate for the 'modern rock' forums because their music is so much in the vein of classic rock like led zeppelin and others. what do you classic rock fans think of them? this is the only band i see now that would probably be considered classic rock 20 years from now.

if you've never seen jack's guitar skills, take a look at this video i uploaded of
his talents:

ball & biscuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt33IMj2lwU

death letter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGlL_W4J1zc

its refreshing to see rock music like this instead of the mindless stuff thats been on the radio in 'modern rock' lately. its nice to see music being made in the tradition of rock & roll rather than music that follows the current trends.

so from the 'classic rock' perspective, what do you guys think?
please watch the videos before replying
Last edited by favian at May 20, 2006,
its not classic rock at all, its indie rock at its finest, check the the raconteurs as well if u like jack white
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
Wrong forum.

Leave man, you'll get reemed out alot worse soon.
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
They're not classic rock, but seeing as your asking our opinions on them, they're not all that good.

No bass just sounds horrible, Megan is a terrible drummer, Jack has a really annoying voice and his guitar skills are nothing worth remembering. Lyrically, they're pretty terrible as well.
I like a few of their songs, but on the whole I can't stand them.
Quote by SomeEvilDude
Megan is a terrible drummer, Jack has a really annoying voice and his guitar skills are nothing worth remembering.

while all thats true (well his voice isnt that bad) they work together perfectly. Though yeah, some songs aren't really that good other ones can be great.

I don't mind them.
I used to be a huge fan..... until I heard the rest of their songs.

But now I'm starting to appreciate their simplicity. Like, no one's gonna accuse Meg of being the next Keith Moon, but I dunno.... it just works for me somehow.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by favian
didn't really think this band was appropiate for the 'modern rock' forums because their music is so much in the vein of classic rock like led zeppelin and others. what do you classic rock fans think of them? this is the only band i see now that would probably be considered classic rock 20 years from now.

Well, it doesn't really matter what you think should go in the CR forum. Fact is, the mods set it up this way, and as far as I know the White Stripes didn't form any time between 1960-1984 now did they. You may not agree with what is supposed to go here, but that's life. Besides, it's not that much more work to just click "Modern Rock" instead to get to the band.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness