i would like to now how to create a simple riffs, and applying those major scales, minor scales and pentatonic scales...

i have a list of copies of those scales but i don't know how to apply it when im using bass...

thank you!
Well, start jamming to chord sequences played round. Obviously play the roots with the chords, and gradually incoporate runs on the bass between each root.

From that, just work round what sounds good. Octave's always sound pretty cool, and work on some slap/popping, because that's often used in rock to create funky sounding basslines.

Also, learn the various blues riffs, learn this one and move it around, but learn others as well.

G - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A - - - - 2 2 5 5 3 2 - - - - 0 0 3 3 1 0 - - - - - -
E - 3 3 - - - - - - - - - 1 1 - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Or something like that.
Last edited by SomeEvilDude at May 21, 2006,
Quote by SomeEvilDude
Well, start jamming to chord sequences played round. Obviously play the roots with the chords, and gradually incoporate runs on the bass between each root.

From that, just work round what sounds good. Octave's always sound pretty cool, and work on some slap/popping, because that's often used in rock to create funky sounding basslines.

Also, learn the various blues riffs, learn this one and move it around, but learn others as well.

G - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A - - - - 2 2 5 5 3 2 - - - - 0 0 3 3 1 0 - - - - - -
E - 3 3 - - - - - - - - - 1 1 - - - - - - - - - - - -

Or something like that.

from your tab, what chord was that?
Quote by redel
from your tab, what chord was that?

It's two chords, with the G and the following riff being in G Major, and then the F and the following riff in F Major.