Quote by smb
Try watching this - Death From Above 1979 playing "You're Lovely"

http://www.paradeofflesh.com/videos/dfa031905.wmv

Amazing band live. Really shows what you can do with bass.

i didn't like that one bit..if your looking for some shred videos look up billy sheehan on google
I'm loving Death From Above 1979 at the mo. When I do my one on one jams with my store of drummers, I call it my "Death From Above 1979 flex".

One of my bands leaning towards dance indie music at the mo, and I take some flavours from DFA1979, mixing with some Muse and stuff.

Jean Baudin is damn cool! It has inspired me to work more on my two handed tapping technique.

But for Bass solos and shread stuff... looking in www.youtube.com/. Loads there! Though a lot of the homemade bass solo are utter crap! I've only seen two guys on there which is actually any good. But there's some Stu Hamm, Billy Sheenan, John Myung, Mark King, Jaco Pastorius... basically all of the great have something up on there.
*shrugs* that's just one song... although I am surprised at the poor reactions to DFA! I don't think he does play that much like a guitarist - he uses pick scrapes very musically for example. I don't know how you expect to find "bass shred" without the bassist playing like a guitarist
Quote by smb
*shrugs* that's just one song... although I am surprised at the poor reactions to DFA! I don't think he does play that much like a guitarist - he uses pick scrapes very musically for example. I don't know how you expect to find "bass shred" without the bassist playing like a guitarist

because bass has its own techniques...such as slapping

oh does anyone have any good bassists that don't get mentioned every time one of these threads pop up? I mean there's always someone saying wooten, jaco and les but any weird ones you like? any genre
Stu Zender of Jamiroquai, a lot of hip hop bassists, Larry Graham, and Eric Avery they inspire me.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
to Yevaud, matt freeman from rancid and op ivy or stefan lessard from dave matthews