At a gig last night, the guitarist out of our support band was lefthanded and used emg's and said he thought they sounded really wierd. The guy who fitted em had put em on the wrong way aroung ( its a bit hard to explain ) but the EMG logo's were facing up towards the neck and not at the bridge end like on a right handed guitar. Anyone know if this would cause any problem's or make it sound wierd?
Quote by jonnyguitarman
At a gig last night, the guitarist out of our support band was lefthanded and used emg's and said he thought they sounded really wierd. The guy who fitted em had put em on the wrong way aroung ( its a bit hard to explain ) but the EMG logo's were facing up towards the neck and not at the bridge end like on a right handed guitar. Anyone know if this would cause any problem's or make it sound wierd?

I'm not 100% mate,

But I reckon it would change the sound, because when the pickup is installed backwards, it picks up the bass and the treble in reverse - I'm not 100% sure if thats right though so don't flame me!

Thats the only thing i can think of mate,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
^That is right but i dont know how bad that would make it sound Dime did that with his Bridge Pick up and look at his tone
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
^That is right but i dont know how bad that would make it sound Dime did that with his Bridge Pick up and look at his tone

yeh well look at the gear his has