Rite. I have tried recording before, but have never been successful.

So, I am gonna list what I have and can someone tell me what to do with it!

Cubase SX 3
Guitar Tracks Pro 3
Bass Guitar
Electric Guitar
Drum Kit
Microphone
1/4" (female) to 3.5mm (male)
3.5 mm (female) to 1/4" (male)
A computer with 2 microphone inputs & 1 line in

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

4stringPUNK
My Kit:

Encore Precision Bass
Cort Artisan A4 Bass

Kustom KBA10
Laney RB5 Richter Bass Amp Combo

Zoom B2 Bass Pedal
20ft Lead x 2
Wireless Headphones

Quote by Noremorse96
i almost got my neighbour put in jail when i told them i petted his cack (penis slang)
did u buy a good soundcard? Cause if its going right into ur standard computer soundcard its gonna sound like crap, if not let me know we'll try and work it out, Good luck

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by Guitaraphone06
did u buy a good soundcard? Cause if its going right into ur standard computer soundcard its gonna sound like crap, if not let me know we'll try and work it out, Good luck

Steve

I don't think the soundcard is too bad, but I need to know how to link it up! Any help guys?

Thanks

4stringPUNK
My Kit:

Encore Precision Bass
Cort Artisan A4 Bass

Kustom KBA10

Zoom B2 Bass Pedal
20ft Lead x 2
Wireless Headphones

Quote by Noremorse96
i almost got my neighbour put in jail when i told them i petted his cack (penis slang)
gimme a sec to look up ur gear and ill set u up a rig
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Ok, you might want to buy a audio interface, it would make things 1000 times easier. I really dont know much about plugging in a guitar right into the soundcard... U cant plug in your guitar to the femal jack and send the 3.5 males into the input on ur sound card... I dont know if that would work though. i really don't know how you would hook up the drum kit this way either. U might wanna get an interface or maybe even a mixer to help u out here, maybe someone more experienced then me would know who to send these all inside the comp, but from my view u need something inbetween, to make this easier
Quote by Guitaraphone06
Ok, you might want to buy a audio interface, it would make things 1000 times easier. I really dont know much about plugging in a guitar right into the soundcard... U cant plug in your guitar to the femal jack and send the 3.5 males into the input on ur sound card... I dont know if that would work though. i really don't know how you would hook up the drum kit this way either. U might wanna get an interface or maybe even a mixer to help u out here, maybe someone more experienced then me would know who to send these all inside the comp, but from my view u need something inbetween, to make this easier

Thanks alot, this is alot of help, if someone can help me out on mixers/other methods i would be soooo happy.

And I was thinking of doing drums via a microphone,

4stringPUNK
My Kit:

Encore Precision Bass
Cort Artisan A4 Bass

Kustom KBA10

Zoom B2 Bass Pedal
20ft Lead x 2
Wireless Headphones

Quote by Noremorse96
I can help u out on mixers and interfaces, I have A toneport Ux2. There is also a toneport Ux1 the difference is its 70$ cheaper and has one input for guitar and one for mic while the other has 2 for mic and 2 for amp. This is a recording USB audio interface:
Ux1 ($130): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line6TonePortUX1USBRecordingModelingInterface?sku=249700

Ux2 (200$): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line6TonePortUX2USBRecordingModelingInterface?sku=249701

Now there are others out there, some cheaper, some more expensive, some MUCH more expensive, but I think these are excellent mid range ones and Line 6 has great reliability. It also comes with gera box(a computer softwar of every effect imaginable and it models vintage, punk, hard rock. etc... amplifiers) Also Ableton live which is a recording software, u might like it better than Guitar Tracks, but i really didnt like Ableton so its ur choice. Now lets say u wanna put all those drums in or record with u and a couple of ur buddies, u can get a mixer as an extra unit. Beringher mixers are good and cheap. U can hook it up to ur audio interface and add more mics, guitars, drums, bass's and more. So ur setup would work this way, and I will account for all instruments and all units,

guitar/bass --> audio interface (they can plug straight in with a standard guitar cable)
OR, Mic (in front of amp) --> Audio interface
So after u have decided how to plug ur guitars, worry about drums
Probably Drums --> Mixer and Mixer --> Interface
Wanna add more guitars or more mics, put em into the mixer, and plug the mixer into the interface. The interface plugs into your computer via USB and goves u good quality. let me know what other questions u got,

Steve

edit: Gear Box* my bad wrong spelling