Page 1 of 2
What do you think about the Ibanez RG 350 EX??

It's got an ash body and INF pickups. What are INFs like?

I suppose I am looking for a biased answer coz this guitar is just beautiful and I'm thinking of getting. Good price too!
eh the trem on it is crap as hell. what music do you play? what amp do you have? and how much is your budget
Metal and hard rock.
Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai etc. type stuff.

Is the trem really that bad? I tried it in store and the trem didn't seem that bad.

Well less than ?1000 I suppose. And this is only about ?500
Plus the looks of it are gorgeous so that is a big plus. i wont by an ugly or non-good-looking guitar!
^Do you really need a floating trem?

No you don't. 90% of the people I know who own a guitar with a floating trem barely use it.

The SZ looks, plays and sounds better than RGs do if you ask me. And it's $500 bucks as well...
Well they aint 24 fret. And yes I do need a trem.

Would it a decent guitar if I replaced the pickups? Btw I am not shred master. I'm just starting to shred, so I suppose I'm kinda of beginner/intermediate, so I don't need a kickass guitar.
24 frets is basically the same as a floating trem, it's "hardcore" to have it, but you barely use it + The neck pickup will sound worse with a 24 fretted guitar, so it's up to you, 2 extra notes which you will barely use, or a better sound out of your neck pickup.

And as for the shred part, you can shred on any kind of guitar, there's no need for "überthin necks" like the RGs.
Well I don't like to limit my playing by not have the notes or a trem. It's just the way I am. And really I dont think the neck would sound bad, maybe more bassier, but I like bass.
Quote by Megatallica
Well I don't like to limit my playing by not have the notes or a trem. It's just the way I am. And really I dont think the neck would sound bad, maybe more bassier, but I like bass.

"Limit" your playing?!

So you reckon, that you would rather get an Ibanez RG over a Suhr with 22 frets and non-floating trem?!
I dont know what a Suhr is! And its probably out of my price range + I don't think they are sold in Ireland!
That RG 1570 prestige is nice! Shame about the colour though.

Is it any good? How about the 7 string version?

Do you think I could get a pickguard as on the RG 350 EX fitted to the 1570 if I bought it?
the 7 string version is also good. pickguard dont think you can get one put on even if it fits its pointless you might aswell buy the rg2550e
I played one yesterday and its trem is very, very poor quality. I removed the arm and it still wouldn't hold tune. It looks nice but thats about it. The pickups are also low quality.
Well you have to remember that with any guitar you get, be it 350 or 1570 the stock pups are.. well.. stock, so thats an extra $120-$200.
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
Would the RG 350 EX be a decent guitar if I replaced the trem and pickups?

What is a decent trem?

I would probably get Evo's or Bareknuckles
You don't want to replace a trem....

It'll cost you at least $300 bucks if you let a pro do it for you, and it's a pain in the ass to do it yourself.

You'd be better off with an RG1570 or RG2550 if you want a floating bridge and 24 frets that much
Well I've taken apart my Squier loads of times. I've even routed it for a 2nd humbucker and also installed a PAF in it.

Sure I've removed the trem on my Squier aswell before. Aslong as I don't need to route it, it should be fine.

How much would a good trem be?
Edge Pro is for about 200$ new, only you can't get it new, that's the problem.

Ibanez doesn't sell parts. At least they don't here. You have to get one of Ebay if you really want one.

Edge Pro is the brigde who's used on the higher end Ibanez series, (prestige) I believe that the RG350 has an Edge Pro III.
Quote by Master Of Shred
^Do you really need a floating trem?

No you don't. 90% of the people I know who own a guitar with a floating trem barely use it.

The SZ looks, plays and sounds better than RGs do if you ask me. And it's $500 bucks as well...

i prefer rg's to sz's. by a lot. preference of course, but there you have it.

if you have 1000 euro, and you need a trem, go with an rg1570 and a pickup swap. as already stated, the trem on the 350 is pretty rubbish.

if you don't need a trem, go with an rga121 and pickup swap.

That's if you want to stick to ibanez.

oh, and you can get an edge pro from www.ibanezrules.com . but it won't fit. It'd be cheaper to just get a 1570.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave go to the guitar pics thread and give me permission dammit.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ you got a link?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
GET THE RG1570!!!!

If not go with the sz, or even the S series. The ZR Tremelo should be also as reliable as the Edge Pro.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i have a little question about these trems...firstly i dont understand why everyone says they suck. mine is fine, and ive had it for over 6 months and i tear the **** outta the trem. also, would and original FR fit in the space that a licensed FR is? are they the same dimensions?
Quote by Which_Guitar
i've started to learn the HALO theme song (the hard one) to kill time!

Quote by timsafatass
Dude, you cant play it because your right handed, you can only play it on a left handed guitar
Quote by justshreddin16
(a) i have a little question about these trems...firstly i dont understand why everyone says they suck. mine is fine, and ive had it for over 6 months and i tear the **** outta the trem. (b) also, would and original FR fit in the space that a licensed FR is? are they the same dimensions?

(a) maybe you got lucky.

And 6 months isn't that long.

(b) I don't know. I don't think so. You might want to check over at www.jemsite.com or www.ibanezrules.com
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeh eventually your knife points will wear out or you just havent been using the trem that much
Quote by Dave_Mc
i prefer rg's to sz's. by a lot. preference of course, but there you have it.

if you have 1000 euro, and you need a trem, go with an rg1570 and a pickup swap. as already stated, the trem on the 350 is pretty rubbish.

if you don't need a trem, go with an rga121 and pickup swap.

That's if you want to stick to ibanez.

oh, and you can get an edge pro from www.ibanezrules.com . but it won't fit. It'd be cheaper to just get a 1570.

Yeah I know, see the point "if you ask me"

And besides that, you would buy a J-Custom if you had +$1000 bucks to spend, I think that says enough
Quote by Master Of Shred
Yeah I know, see the point "if you ask me"

And besides that, you would buy a J-Custom if you had +$1000 bucks to spend, I think that says enough

nah, i'd probably go custom build, actually.

the price of this year's j-customs put me off, when i realised I could have a totally custom built instrument for less...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i could probably get three custom-built guitars for the price of an ESP custom...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
S470QM + Bare Knuckles = awesome.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Page 1 of 2