Right, I've got a chip on my guitar and I don't know what to do about it. I would leave it there, because i think it adds character, but I've only had it for six months and it's too young for cvhips. It's my westfirld les paul. I'll post pics.
Front
chip
Back
What should I do?
Back and sexier than ever

Co-founder and #1 member of The Pick-Eater's club. PM me to join.
n00baid member - PM draken to join
Could I poly-fill it?

From the looks of things it looks pretty bad, and it'd take a lot of fixing.
Just leave it mate, in a few months you'll love that chip! No joke! I've got marks all over my guitar, and at first I went spazz but now they're as much a part of my guitar as the darn pickups
Wow what'd you do with your axe, hit it with an axe? (omg I made a pun, I am so cool)
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Sorry, i really don't mean to be an ass, but thats gotta be the worst "pun" i've ever hear

Maybe if you substituted the first axe with a guitar?
Quote by ar73m
Wow what'd you do with your axe, hit it with an axe? (omg I made a pun, I am so cool)

Banged it on a wall. Good strong guitar though, because that wall ain't looking too good now either.

Yeah, its just a cheap guitar.. if it was a gibson, you could freak out in good concience, but with an epi, it just looks good
Banged it on a wall. Good strong guitar though, because that wall ain't looking too good now either.

Double damage, eh

Sorry, i really don't mean to be an ass, but thats gotta be the worst "pun" i've ever hear

It's ok I know I suck at this whole 'humour' thing :\

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

^Not even an epi. It's my baby though, so I'm trying as hard as i can to keep it looking good. (as you can tell by the chip as big as the jack socket) THanks for everyone's help though. It as weird when it happened though. I baned it on the wall and I thought it'd fell apart in my hands, because of the crumbling sound.

how far do u want to go to fix it?

fill and sand and repaint?
or trying to raise the dent. and then adding car paint, and a clear coat?

or maybe a little of everything.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's ok I know I suck at this whole 'humour' thing :\

Hehe relax, just subtitute the first time you say "axe" with "guitar" and you've got a good thing going

It just looked funny with you saying axe twice so close in between Noone's perfect.
Quote by jj1565
how far do u want to go to fix it?

fill and sand and repaint?
or trying to raise the dent. and then adding car paint, and a clear coat?

or maybe a little of everything.

Raise the dent, clolour in with black marker pen. I'm cheap. Maybe spray the whole thing with paints brough birthday money that I'll get in September because the coating's scratched enough as it is.

Quote by jajp001
Right, I've got a chip on my guitar and I don't know what to do about it. I would leave it there, because i think it adds character, but I've only had it for six months and it's too young for cvhips. It's my westfirld les paul. I'll post pics.

What should I do?

Develop steady hands for the camera. But, of course all the aforementioned. Battle scars won't hurt at all
u can wet a rag place it on the dent and carefully steam the dent by placing a hot soldering iron on the wet rag. this will create steam and raise the dent.

then go to a auto store and pick up a touch up paint. (or ur sharpe)
and coat it with clear nail polish.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ha, my tele was thrashed rto feck! it hade chips that ook paint and wood out..each around the siaze of a 5p coin..but i loved it for that
damage = charatcter!
hell, even my jem has chips in the paint, wood and scratches all over l
color it with a marker...thats what i did when i chipped my headstock
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

i droped my gibson flat on the floor. There are two dents in it now on either side. I was pissed off at first but I'm ok about it now
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
I would cry if I bruised my Kelly baby

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
color it with a marker...thats what i did when i chipped my headstock

THat's what i did when I chipped my headstock. Visible again now though.