Page 1 of 2
Sup gice,

So I promised you that I would write a GOTM about my Suhr when it arrived, so here it is.

First of all, for those who do not know, John Suhr is the ex-Fender Custom Shop owner, he left Fender to start an own company called Suhr. John Suhr produces some of the finest guitars you can find.

Alright, lets start off:

So I got a call last week that my Suhr was "finally" done, they expected it to be done a little bit later but apperantly John wasn't very busy. I told my dad that he had to make some time for me and he did, "thank god". So we went off to drive to pretty much the other side of the country to go to the shop where my Suhr just arrived.

When I arrived there, it was pretty busy, anyways, I got to play my Suhr there (pics taken there.) and I loved it. The neck was spot on, not too thick, but not too thin neither. The sound is marvelous, not too much ouput(enough though), a very warm tone but a bit sharp as well. Gives a very clean tone, I like that.

Before I ordered this guitar, I went to the same shop to order it(d0h) and I talked with the owner of this dealer for quite some time about Suhr Guitars ('n stuff), and he also gave me some advise for the specs, which can never hurt.(Since this guy is a pro.)

Anyways, here are the custom specs:

Body Wood : Mahogany
Neck Wood : Birdseye Maple w Indian Rosewood
Body Option : 3/16 Quilt Maple Top
Neck Back Shapes : C shape .810-.930 10-14" R
Frets : Med
Bridge : FR
Nut Width 1.650
Radius: '16
Hardware Color : Chrome
Gears : Sperzel Locking
Electronics : Volume, Tone neck/middle, Tone bridge, Tele Tone
Input Jack : Side Jack
Knobs : Chrome
Neck Pickup : DSH+ Humbucker - Black
Middle Pickup : JST V60's Single Coil LP - Black
Bridge Pickup : JST DSH Humbucker - Black
Case : Custom Hardshell Form-Fit Case
String Gauge : .009
Serial #: 4979

nice guitar dude, how much did you pay for this one ? I dream of a Reb Beach model, but since it must be something like 4000$-5000$ I can always dream lollll
Where exactly is the birdseye maple in the neck? Is it covered in a rosewood veneer?
wow, thats really hot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what a beauty!
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
That is just beatiful, man. You've got to post some soundclips if possible.

EDIT: BTW, is that a LFR or OFR?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
^ 2nd'd

But on topic that guitar is the sex, congrats
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by jmag
That is just beatiful, man. You've got to post some soundclips if possible.

EDIT: BTW, is that a LFR or OFR?

ofr for sure
Quote by mr_hankey
Where exactly is the birdseye maple in the neck? Is it covered in a rosewood veneer?

*ho-hum*
awesome.

where's the birdseye maple, as already asked?

you'd better pm asomodai to get this stickied, MOS, I think he takes care of these rigs.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What was the price you payed for this beauty?
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
**** man, thats a sweet guitar.

Has the neck been stained so its dark like that?

and we want some soundclips too
Price Paid

?3678,-

Birdseye maple

First of all, Birdseye maple is a very rare type of wood, it varies in colors, as you can probably tell, the "birdseye swirls" are much more easier to see with lighter colors, as you can probably tell by the link that AZN posted. On the other hand, it's much more harder to see with the dark colored ones, so is it with this one (and mine):

Birdseye Maple doesn't scratch easily...
yeah, that is a lot of money...

why did you get the neck stained if you were paying extra for the birdseye, out of interest?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Master Of Shred
Price Paid

?3678,-

Birdseye maple

First of all, Birdseye maple is a very rare type of wood, it varies in colors, as you can probably tell, the "birdseye swirls" are much more easier to see with lighter colors, as you can probably tell by the link that AZN posted. On the other hand, it's much more harder to see with the dark colored ones, so is it with this one (and mine):

im a bit confused.......i thought yours had an OFR
either way that is an extremely nice finish and congrats on the buy
Quote by Master Of Shred
Price Paid

?3678,-

Birdseye maple

If the guitar in the first few pictures is yours: there is no birdseye maple on it; birdseye maple doesn't have straight grain like that.

I can't see the back of the neck on that second guitar, so I don't know what type of wood it is.
Last edited by mr_hankey at May 20, 2006,
Quote by mr_hankey
If the guitar in the first few pictures is yours: there is no birdseye maple on it; birdeye maple doesn't have straight grain like that.

Yeah, that does kind of look like a rosewood neck. Which is SWEET.
If that guitar were a woman, or a goat, or a corpse, i'd totally rape it...

actually, as a matter of fact..

*unzips pants*...

Im kidding.

You hope.
*stuck*

Obviously it's amazing, it's John Suhr! But to be honest, I don't like the aesthetic specifications. Not enough contrast in the colors for me.
I don't like the looks very much. At all.

But I'm sure it's a stunning guitar.

I wish I was this rich...
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
You've got too much money to throw around dude...

Music college, Vigier, Suhr... Jesus christ you are one lucky 15/16 year old or whatever you are now.

In any case, sweet guitar. I too don't like your choice in colours, but whatever floats your boat (I perfer the suhr in my avatar).
sweet guitar dude! but one questions, have you switched the bridges since the first pictures were taken? casue the bridges are different in each picture?
......keeping down the underground
I hate the overdone quilt top look but that brazilian rosewood neck is gorgeous and I'm sure it sounds heavenly
Thats beautiful I wish I had that much money. I find myself hard pressed saving up for a mexi tele but that's a beautiful guitar.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
GOTY???? What the **** is up with that.
Looks like every other suhr to me, and i think they are boring tbh.
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Nice, but I recall you mentioning in the random shred chat that Floyd Roses shouldn't be on that expensive guitars!?
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Page 1 of 2