perhaps posted a hundred times but what are the best songs, which can be played alone, with just one guitar?
or in other words: which song do you play if someone ask you to play on your guitar?

for me....

1) Nothing Else Matters
2) Crazy train
3) Stairway to heaven
Last edited by dickeskind at May 20, 2006,
Any Hendrix.

EDIT: Is that you in your avatar?
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Eric Clapton - Classical Gas. I guess the Mason Williams origional is good too but in the Clapton there is only guitar

There are some good Satriani tracks that purely have one guitar in it like Midnight
Dave Tither
Robert Johnson, check him out. No guitarists could make 1 guitarist sound like 3 as Delta Blues guitarists did.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by im_hungry
any pantera

Quote by karateguy29
any Hendrix

can you name the song wich can be played best with one guitar ?
(from pantera or hendrix)
Pantera - Walk

Hendrix - Voodo Child
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
A lot of pantera needs 2 guitars to sound good. And yes I do know they only had 1 guitarist.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Anything by Fall of Troy.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
first i wonna thank you for all the suggestions

but it would be a lot easer for me, if you would name at least one song of the band!!!
i've played three years accustic guitar
and for a year the electic...so i think i'm quite good....
do you know any good song from Megadeth, which sounds good with one guitar?

sry for double post
well if your gonna try and play along side an album you should know no song was recorded with just one guitar from hendrix to pantera like the others said.

all have multiple tracks on them to fill in the song. so don't be surprised if you can't do certain licks with one guitar when listening to hendrix for example because he was notorious for adding 3, 4, 5 etc. guitar tracks and fills in his songs.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Little Dreamer.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
Quote by bonchie1
well if your gonna try and play along side an album you should know no song was recorded with just one guitar from hendrix to pantera like the others said.

all have multiple tracks on them to fill in the song. so don't be surprised if you can't do certain licks with one guitar when listening to hendrix for example because he was notorious for adding 3, 4, 5 etc. guitar tracks and fills in his songs.

Little Wing was one guitar. And check out Stevie Ray Vaughan, except for the Soul To Soul album, he did almost 100% of the tracks live in recording. No overdubs.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by Dave2210
Eric Clapton - Classical Gas. I guess the Mason Williams origional is good too but in the Clapton there is only guitar

There are some good Satriani tracks that purely have one guitar in it like Midnight

I'm pretty sure clapton never covered classical gas, it was somebody else, maybe mason williams himself made the guitar only version, but I don't think it was clapton, that's a napster myth

I've got a great version of "one" transcribed for one guitar, it is a good all-round song that builds pretty nicely
Quote by StratRat13
Little Wing was one guitar. And check out Stevie Ray Vaughan, except for the Soul To Soul album, he did almost 100% of the tracks live in recording. No overdubs.

little wing has multiple guitar tracks on it and some overdubbing at the end. but you can play the song with one guitar and probably not notice the fills he put in.

live albums i'm not talking about...i mean studio albums. SRV was just a beast and would be an exception...i highly doubt this guy is playing SRV if he needs us to tell him solos to play...hendrix overdubbed everyone of his songs although he didn't have to if you've seen him live.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
little wing has multiple guitar tracks on it and some overdubbing at the end. but you can play the song with one guitar and probably not notice the fills he put in.

live albums i'm not talking about...i mean studio albums. SRV was just a beast and would be an exception...i highly doubt this guy is playing SRV if he needs us to tell him solos to play...hendrix overdubbed everyone of his songs although he didn't have to if you've seen him live.

The metallica cover of little wing is just one guitar, and it is awesome, very close to the original but at the same time very clean metal sounding
Quote by rubberbullets
The metallica cover of little wing is just one guitar, and it is awesome, very close to the original but at the same time very clean metal sounding

i'll have to check that out.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1

My mistake then, I love his live version of Killing Floor, he could play rythym like none other. And yeh SRV isn't the easiest stuff ever. But damn it is fun to play
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall