Right now I have been using Memorex recordable CDs for our demo, and well half the machines we put them in to play wont play them! So what are some trustable CD brands that work good for this? (im willing to spend more then 80 cents a CD if they are better then memorex )
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
I usually end up getting Verbatim, TDK or Sony and they work fine for me.

edit: from google

Recommended:

-Manufacturers selling under their own label, or using an exclusive brand name:

Ritek (Ritek)
Taiyo Yuden (T.Y.)
Kodak (Kodak - manufacturing discontinued)
Mitsui (Mitsui)
TraxData (Ritek)
SmartBuy (Prodisc)
Ricoh (almost sure they are always from Ricoh)
Mitsubishi (Mitsubishi)
HiSpace (CDR section of MPO) Gold CDRs (*)

-Brands that so far have maintained high quality of media:

Hewlett-Packard (T.Y., Ricoh, previously also Mitsui)
Arita (Ritek) (can someone verify - always Ritek?)
Prostore (4M, Moser Baer India)
Plextor (T.Y.)
Teac (Mitsui)
Yamaha DiscT@2 (Mitsubishi)

Varying quality:

Mr.Platinum (NAN-YA (bad), Ritek (good)
MMORE (used to be CMC(bad), but now everything is Moser Baer India (quite good))
Verbatim (Mitsubishi, 4M, CMC, T.Y.) (Note that "Azo" on the box means Mitsubishi)
Sony (T.Y., Sony)
TDK (T.Y., Ritek, TDK, CMC)
Memorex (Ritek, CMC)
Fuji (Fuji, T.Y.)

Low quality:

Imation (CMC)
LG (CMC)
HyperMedia (CMC)
Im burning through WMP and im using the exported .wav files from audacity, I don't see why there would be any problems with my setup?
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
It's probably not the CD. This happened with me when I used Memorex, and I tried putting it into every cd player in the house and the songs kept on skipping. I bought a new cd player and it started playing just fine.

Then again, Memorex is a cheap brand. Start getting something more expensive.
"1456"... if you're reading this, you know what the code means, and i mean every word of it.... 1456!!!
Quote by .:iloveyou:.
It's probably not the CD. This happened with me when I used Memorex, and I tried putting it into every cd player in the house and the songs kept on skipping. I bought a new cd player and it started playing just fine.

Then again, Memorex is a cheap brand. Start getting something more expensive.

Actaully that was the point of the thread was to decifer between the good and not so good CD brands, and the first post just did that, thanxs seljer
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Quote by gallagher2006

Thats about me
Quote by T.J.
Im burning through WMP and im using the exported .wav files from audacity, I don't see why there would be any problems with my setup?

Export them as MP3's.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall