whats a good way to not lose your picks? ive spent $35 on them i lose em so much
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
learn to hold onto your picks a keep them in a altoids can or something like I do. I've been using the same Big Stubby for about a year now
always put them in the same spot, like on your amp. A common problem is to toss them in your pocket, and they'll accumulate in there.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
get either a pick holder or a small bowl or cup to put all of your picks in so you know exactly where they are
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
Stick it between the strings on your guitar. If you do it right, it can't fall out.
bah, i hate loosing picks! my carpet is the same colour as the picks i use (those grey .88 dunlop ones), so i can never find them!
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Poke a hole thru the pick, then knot a string there and tie it up to yourself, like ur fingers, ur hands, ur shirt, hell even your dick... You dont have to worry where the pick goes.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DunlopErgoPickholder?sku=420187

this thing is pretty cool

put it on your amp, and you always have picks
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
I also loose my picks constantly. Luckily, i've bought so many now, that if i lose one, a little looking around finds me another one. That way i also have them at hand.
Tying up a pick is actually a great idea; if you do it right and hang it on your wrist when you play, makes it much easier to switch to finger picking and back to your pick.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
putting them into a mint tin is a good idea... until you loose the tine and a tenners worth of picks
Quote by sashki
It's good to have a pick pocket in your gigbag.

heehee

easy solution to not wasting money on picks- steal them wholesale-then it doesnt matter

or do what others aaid and keep em in a mint tin or jar or summin
I only have one question; HOW THE **** DID YOU SPEND $35 ON PICKS?!?!?!

They're like 50 cents or less!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^You'd have to try pretty hard to BUY $35 in picks.

Only God knows how he lost 70+ picks.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by JMack
A common problem is to toss them in your pocket, and they'll accumulate in there.

Seconded, i do that still so my pics usually go threw the wash and stuff... once one of my picks blocked the washing machine lol
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Xenn99
^You'd have to try pretty hard to BUY $35 in picks.

Only God knows how he lost 70+ picks.

Picks are closer to 25c each than 50c each...so more about 120+ picks.

Jesus. That's a feat and a half.
what the hell

I pay like almost 4 pounds for a ten-pack, that's like 70-80c are you buying crappy picks, or am I just getting ripped off?
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
what the hell

I pay like almost 4 pounds for a ten-pack, that's like 70-80c are you buying crappy picks, or am I just getting ripped off?

its that god damn high inflation rate on those pieces of plastic!!!!!!!
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by AndyPandy
bah, i hate loosing picks! my carpet is the same colour as the picks i use (those grey .88 dunlop ones), so i can never find them!

Try using clear ones
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by ScottishAngus
Seconded, i do that still so my pics usually go threw the wash and stuff... once one of my picks blocked the washing machine lol

hahaha i have to say alot of my picks have been washed many times aswell
Quote by ar73m
what the hell

You're getting ripped off. They charge more if you buy them in packages.

As for the .50 thing, I just picked a middle point. Some people buy more expensive picks.

I get my dunlops for 5 for $1.

And I haven't lost any.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yeah, I probably have 2-5 guitar picks in every room in my house, 5 on my PC desk, 2 on my amp and probably 2 in every pair of jeans. I never leave home without them, guitar picks are more as important as keys really, you never know when you'll need one.

I actually prefer the feel of a pick that's gone through the wash once, or twice, and sometimes three times (I really gotta stop doing that).
Quote by sashki
I never really lose picks, but I lend them every music lesson and sometimes people don't give them back. It's good to have a pick pocket in your gigbag.

Its the same in school, except it isnt a pick its...................TEH PENZOL!

Everytime i ask for a pencil.....the rule is, never return it.....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by ar73m
what the hell

lol...you're getting ripped off. That's the currency exchange for you.

I pay $4 for a dozen Tortex picks.
^^ Hellz yea logz

ANywho

i cant stop finding mine in weird places.............. Sock baskey, behind the toilet, in the yard

you get what im saying
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
^ i was playin guitar the other day, and i put my pick in my mouth so i wouldnt loose it while i retuned my guitar. When i was finished, i completely forgot i had it in my mouth so i was looking all over for it. Took me about 10 minutes to realise where it was
Been away, am back
^^

I've had those moments too

(writes down as a spinal tap moment)
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"