I have bought M-Audio Fast Track USB and want to do some recording.
i don`t want to use GT Player Express ( Ableton). Seems a little complicated.

Is there an easier software to use that works fine with the m-audio?
audacity should, its free, its VERY simple but of course it isnt , quality wise, as good as Ableton live. Just go to preferences and set the audio device as the Interface. But Ableton live is really difficult to use, wat u can do it next time u record call customer service and they will take u step by step untill u record. Good Luck

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
GT express player is the effects software. Abelton live lite is the recording software and you can record into Audacity ecept it won't record the effects from GT express player so you will need to mic you amp
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
I dont know if the fast track works the same but I was able to use gearbox (the effects software) with audacity no problem, it is seperate from the recording program.
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
GT express player is the effects software and when I had it, the effects didn't record
My Gear:

o damn. U sent it back though right? Try getting the toneport you might like it better
yep i sold it actually coz i couldn't send it back. Also, i'm looking into mixers
My Gear:

i have the fast track and i just use audacity. easy to use, free, and works well enough for casual recording. another free program is reaper, its on my computer but ive never used it. supposed to be good, but im used to audacity and know how that works so i just use that.

i dont use the effects for recording so i dont know if it is possible to use those while recording, but i dont think so. now, i know ive used the effects in fruity loops as a VST plugin, so if you were using a program that is VST compatable, you could very easily record with those effects, or at least add them on afterwards.
I've tried Audicity but i couldn't get any effects to work. How do i do that?

I just downloaded vst plug-in now. Where can i get the effects?
^ nononono, you can run the GT player as a VST plug in. im not sure how to do VSTs in audacity, but you can check the online FAQ or help to figure out if you can and how to do it.