i was wondering if its possible to make a classical acoustic guitar to a classical-electric or just making the classical guitar be able to plug in to the amp or something like that ? if anyone knows how to or a related site, thx a lot

I'm pretty sure you can just but a pickup that fits in the soundhole. look on zzounds.com or musiciansfriend.com.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
umm yeah lol you'd need more than just a pickup

EDIT:

you'd need something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ACOUSTIC-GUITAR-ACTIVE-PREAMP-EQ-PIEZO-PICKUP-NEW_W0QQitemZ7414942991QQcategoryZ22670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

not saying that one in particular, just an example. and i guess you'd need to change the body to be able to fit it. you know, all that routing/cutting out or w.e
Last edited by mangablade at May 20, 2006,
Off the top of my head, there's three things that will work. One, a peizo system, which detects the vibrations from the saddle. Two, a soundboard transducer, which detects the vibrations from the top of the body on the inside. Three, a microphone, I'm not sure which type would be best.

Do not get a magnetic pick-up, unless of course you only want to hear the bass strings.
Quote by Will_Minus
Off the top of my head, there's three things that will work. One, a peizo system, which detects the vibrations from the saddle. Two, a soundboard transducer, which detects the vibrations from the top of the body on the inside. Three, a microphone, I'm not sure which type would be best.

Do not get a magnetic pick-up, unless of course you only want to hear the bass strings.

Even the bass strings aren't magnetic.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
my band director just had a pickup in his classical and it worked amplified, ill try to find out what kind it is.
Quote by nmelluzzo
my band director just had a pickup in his classical and it worked amplified, ill try to find out what kind it is.

It's piezo if it's a true Nylon stringed classical.

T_P_Q, some classical strings have steel-core bass strings but they're rare and pretty expensive. My theory teacher has a set on his classical... they're about $65 a set, he says.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.